Email inquiries are a pita

hogjowl

Idiot™
Lady emails me this morning asking how much for cleaning carpets: LR, Hall and 3 BR's and T&G in Kitchen. I send her my best "guess".

Then I wait ...

2 hours later she tells me it sounds good so lets schedule. I send her an email back giving her two time slots.

Then I wait ...

2 hours later she responds wanting the Friday slot. Then I have to ask her for her address.

Then I wait.

Two hours later she gives it to me.

What a pita. Couldn't she just call me and get it over with, or am I being cranky?

Reactions: Willy P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm not a fan of the back and forth email either.

Because when I tell someone that there are those two times available and they wait two hours to schedule it -sometimes one of those time slots would be filled already (of course that's what they wanted) and then I have to explain that it's THEIR fault for being slow...and no we didn't try to trick them with that time slot being available. Aaaaarrrrghhh.

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Lady emails me this morning asking how much for cleaning carpets: LR, Hall and 3 BR's and T&G in Kitchen. I send her my best "guess".
Then I wait ...
2 hours later she tells me it sounds good so lets schedule. I send her an email back giving her two time slots.
Then I wait ...
2 hours later she responds wanting the Friday slot. Then I have to ask her for her address.
Then I wait.
Two hours later she gives it to me.
What a pita. Couldn't she just call me and get it over with, or am I being cranky?

I would have got her address AND phone number in the FIRST response.

Really, we all get the goofy "please respond be email" baloney.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Do yourself a favor.

Construct some emails that will appropriately respond to so many of these similar inquiries. Put their name at the top.

Shoot it to them when they ask. It takes Mel literally @ 1 minute flat to respond to most emails. The email might ask the custy to call to finalize the appointment time.

Should leave you some time for a precious nap...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Do yourself a favor.
Construct some emails that will appropriately respond to so many of these similar inquiries. Put their name at the top.
Shoot it to them when they ask. It takes Mel literally @ 1 minute flat to respond to most emails. The email might ask the custy to call to finalize the appointment time.
Should leave you some time for a precious nap...

You tell him, Russ!:rockon:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Knowing well the feeling of having no one contacting me, and having nothing in the book, I gladly accept any and all forms of contact that results in money in my pocket and the addition of a new customer, including emails, texts, short wave radio, smoke signals, and carrier pigeons.

I appreciate any new business enough not to be annoyed with the trivialities of someone's contact method, assuming of course they don't drag it out forever.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes a five min phone call takes 3 days of texts and emails. I try to get their phone number and call as soon as I can. I ask a ton of questions before giving price so emails and texts are very time consuming.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I do them everyday and love it!

Endless what i can add to email estimates and emails in general.
job pictures, links, reviews, technical papers, special offers, etc.

All planting the seed....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom