Employee Bonus

Mikey P

Administrator
My Tech has been on his own a lot lately and he is getting some nice complements from our customers.

"Very hard worker" " carpets look fantastic" "nice guy" and so on..

Seeing how we only have him it doesn't do much good to post the comments above the water cooler for all to see...

What kinds of things do you all do to pat em on the back?

Name
Jesse
I've heard some companies pay a fuel bonus instead of cash. They write it off as if the employee used the fuel for work. The employee and the company both avoid taxes.

Me, I just don't fire them.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Just tell him you appreciate being able to trust him with your valued customers. You worked very hard to find them & your glad to see that he cares as much about them as you do. Keep it up & you'll do just fine.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Make sure you share what you've been told. Depending of his hobbies and interests, gift cards go a long way too.

The Preacher

you better hope he isn't writing down all the contact info for when he leaves Millers/Coi..........errr Connoisseur!!!

I'm sure he's read yore hotseat!!!

G

Get him a gift card so he can take his family out to dinner! once in a while
This is something he needs to spend his self and not with you.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Why don't you pay him more than 12 bucks an hour and give him some insurance. Sorry, that was george. hehehe

Reward programs are tough. Just pay him what he is worth and treat him right.

Hobbs

Find out where his wife or girlfriend likes to go to dinner and give em a 100 gift certificate to the restaurant. It shows you care about him and your interested in his family too.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
ask him what he's doing to get all the thanks he's getting, and why you didn't. just playing around.

gift card, concert tickets, dinner and movie gift certificates, free pass to local amusement park. cash in his hand. all good ideas.

Mark C

Sounds like your Tech needs a night out at the local titty-bar with lap dances on you Mikey. :lol:

In all seriousness.
1. Take him to a sporting event or concert.
2. Get him a gift card from a store that he likes to shop or restaurant he likes.
3. Cash gift in a Thank You card always is appreciated.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If he's working extra hours I would definitely get something that benefits his family also. That shows him that you not only appreciate what he does for you but also shows you appreciate their understanding for him being gone more.

The Wizard

Purchase an Apple I Pod for him, and tell him how much you appreciate how hard he is working for you and praise him for taking care of your customers as if they were his own. Praise and appreciation goes along way

He will want to work even harder for you and continue to want to please you.

We have one guy that has worked for us for 19 years and another who has worked for us for 14 years.

It's quite simple, stop for a moment and in your mind switch shoe's for a minute with your employee, and think as if you were him, how you would want to be treated by your boss if you were working so hard for him.

Best of luck in finding something special to reward him, for all of his hard work and great attitude towards your customers.

The Wizard.

RichardnTn

Since my wife works with me, I let her go home with me at night and if she has worked especially well, might even get here a Big Mac to go...RR

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Having met your (long suffering) wife, I would think she deserves the finest in meals, entertainment, and gifts East Tennessee can offer, Richard.

:lol:

rgerard

Money isn't everything

I have a book for that, Mikey, with ideas galore. The title is "1001 WAYS TO REWARD EMPLOYEES" BY "Bob Nelson"

It has been on my shelf for over a year now......I bought it for the day I decide to keep an employee. I only have subs and thugs help with installs and some new customers that I don't want.

I am still learning how to be a good employee for my company and when I have done really-really well, I treat me with a trip to the local Brothel! J/K but I here they sell gift certificates? :lol:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
We're in a similar situation with 1 extra tech.

I use heaps of praise. If I get positive feedback, he gets shown the survey.

If he does exceptionally well, then he gets a one off bonus over and above his other bonuses.

If he's been doing great and a quiet day comes along, he gets half a day on me.

He gets his birthday off on full pay as well.

I also almost always try and personally thank him if he's done a long day, or a hard job whatever, just so he understands he is appreciated.

I had the option of giving him training in New Zealand or in Australia, I paid his fare to Aussie and threw his gf's airfare in as his Christmas bonus and then gave him an extra week or so as annual leave while over there. He essentially got an overseas holiday for the cost of his accommodation and entertainment.

John

Al

Gift cards and bonuses.

Every time they reach 30 referral names turned in = 50.00 too. Buy lunches, dinners once in a while. Company fishing trips, bring them to industry events and pay for the flights and lodging.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom