Employee Guide.

I am in the process of making an employee guide. There will be no more winging it on my part with my helpers. We need to have a clear understanding of what is expected in terms of punctuality, character, dress code etc. This is harder than I thought. I know what I want to say.

- Show up ready to work.
- If I pick you up, have your azz out of bed and be ready to walk out the door. No lolly gagging around.
- If I call you, answer your phone or call me back promptly.
- Don't spit in the customers flower bed.
- Use common sense and treat the customer's home like you would want yours treated. If you treat your home like s**t and let your animals pee all over the place, then go see a shrink.
- Work hard, fast, and efficiently.

I need something organized and professional.

Who wants to help me out?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
My local county employment agency helps business's build employee handbooks for free. They have a template that puts different sections together for you. Helps cover your butt legal wise. Further customization can be done after the initial handbook

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
danielc said:
There will be no more winging it on my part with my helpers. We need to have a clear understanding of what is expected in terms of punctuality, character, dress code etc. This is harder than I thought...
Who wants to help me out?
In other words you are trying to "add accountability". Congratulations. I woke up many years ago and realized that I was busting my butt being accountable to EVERYBODY (including paying my workers) and meanwhile my employees were accountable to NOBODY. Once we implemented what I called "Shared Accountability" where everyone had their feet to the fire (not just me) my stress level went down dramatically! Here is how I did it:

http://sfs.jondon.com/2999/resources/sp ... ur-company

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Here is the customer service "pre-training" outline we used with our new hires. (I don't remember if it included "not spitting in the customer's flower bed")

http://sfs.jondon.com/3003/resources/pa ... e-training

NOTE: Either one of these free downloads require a simple, no-spam-ever, 30 second, one-time-only registration process. Then you can use your user name and password to download everything you want from the site forever. But if you flat don't wanna register than just email me and I'll send you the manuals above.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Daniel,

When I get my ac adapter for my other laptop I would be happy to email you the one I've created that you can pick from. I have everything from morning procedures, answering phones, follow ups, phone scripts, cleaning procedures for carpets and various fabric types for upholstery, end of day procedures, ect.

I may have never owned a company(yet), but I've spent the last 2-3 years making it and working with and picking the brains of several different companies I've had to pleasure to work with/for. From owner ops, to 400+ employee janitorial/cleaning/restoration companies. The manual isn't finished yet, but I will use it in my company when I'm able to start.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dont spit in the flower bed, but spit to the side of the walkway we walk on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
You should add ducking down behind the van in the customers driveway way trying to take a quick smoke . You are right on on this one Dan, these helpers will pull some off the wall stuff if you dont let them know up front what the deal is.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Becker said:
If I call you, answer your phone or call me back promptly.

I assume you mean when he/she is on the clock.. Or on call if you have that requirement.

That would all depend if its their personal phone or company issued. Company issued I would expect the same thing.

The big one is if you don't show up or call me, I drive to your house ring the bell and bang on the door, text you 3 times, and have to do two big azz jobs this week by myself and get backed up, but you text me at 6 pm asking where I was because you were home all day, you might need to look for a new job. Once is one thing, but twice in one week is not acceptable.

I need good reliable help when I NEED IT. I don't need help on every two room and a hallway job.

My old system involved using several people that way I always had someone that could fill in.

I may have to go back to that system.

If I could get someone to run a truck part time for me a few days per week that was GOOD, I would be set. They would have a real job and not neccessarily depend on me to make a living. They could help me when I needed help and even help out on big jobs.

I could do as much work as I wanted to, keep my overhead low, make buccu money, and still grow at a decent pace.

The problem with my old system was none of the help could drive and I wouldn't send them on a job if my life depended on it. They were good for doing manual labor and that was it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Daniel the way to get good reliable help is to pay for it. As for a manual, do as your told. the end

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom