Encap and protector

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Just wondering: what is the relationship or reaction between let's say encapu clean O2 or Releeasit ds, and Scotchgard?

If the encap solution supposed to dry on the fabric and "shatter" away at the next vacuuming, is it even possible to apply protector without messing up the supposed work of encap solution?

Or if its a solvent protector. Is it ok to apply right on the still wet encapped carpet or apply protector after that first vacuuming has been done properly?

I'm planning on doing a lot more Teflon sales this summer and was just thinking and writing up procedures to be used when selling the stuff to customers on location.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve Smith has one you can spray on while the carpet is still damp from encap cleaning. It actually does pretty well without a protector though.

Just use your Zebra brush! :winky:

I still like that idea for spot maintenance in conjunction with traffic area cleaning! :biggrin:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
When a fluorochemical protector is applied over an encapsulation polymer, the protector comes off when the encap polymer is shattered or broken away from the carpet.

Encapugaurd Green is a protector that is compatible with encapsulation products. It works well against dry soil and water-based soil but no so well against oily soils. There is a similar product from TriPlex and I think 1 or 2 others.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Releasit's Soileze protector works in tandem with Releasit detergents - in fact most of the Releasit detergents have Soileze built right in. Soileze is fully compatible with the Crystalon3 polymer in Releasit. Soileze lowers the surface tension of the fiber. Lowering the surface tension enables the carpet fiber to reach a more soil resistant state without compromising the encap properties of the detergent.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I love Rick's flowery language. He must have worked for the state department in his previous life :winky:.

However, in my doubting Thomas mind something does not quite add up.

However, Zee. Why don't you help the community knowledge. Please clean a patch with and a patch without and report if it made any difference in performance, long term re-soiling and or stain resistance.

That's exactly how I found out that acid rinses make didley difference in long term re-soiling.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
If the encap solution supposed to dry on the fabric and "shatter" away at the next vacuuming, is it even possible to apply protector without messing up the supposed work of encap solution?

That is a very good question . .

for all this "crystallization" marketing.

Larry

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Lowering the surface tension of the fiber is not something that is going to readily "shatter away" during post-vacuuming. The effect of a fluoro-chemical in the carpet lasts a long time. Sure, a small measure of the fluoro-chemical may get vacuumed from the carpet during the post-vacuuming, however the effect of the fluoro-chemical will still remain on the carpet fiber. The effect of lowering the surface tension is not easily removed, and this leaves the carpet in a more soil resistant condition.

The crystalizing polymer that Larry is referring to is extremely important for a good encap product to perform its function. The polymer absorbs soil, holds it in suspension, and provides a vehicle for the extraction of soil during the post-vacuuming process. Good encap polymers are COSTLY, and that's likely why some of the chemical manufacturers sell "encapsulation" products that do not crystallize or contain a polymer that dries down to a brittle polymeric residue. I've been extensively working with, formulating, and selling encapsulation products for the past 13 years - and from everything I've learned it's simply not possible to capture soil without employing an effective encap polymer. Yet some manufacturers claim to have products that can encapsulate soil even without containing an encap polymer. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Name
Nate W.
Lowering the surface tension of the fiber is not something that is going to readily "shatter away" during post-vacuuming. The effect of a fluoro-chemical in the carpet lasts a long time. Sure, a small measure of the fluoro-chemical may get vacuumed from the carpet during the post-vacuuming, however the effect of the fluoro-chemical will still remain on the carpet fiber. The effect of lowering the surface tension is not easily removed, and this leaves the carpet in a more soil resistant condition.

The crystalizing polymer that Larry is referring to is extremely important for a good encap product to perform its function. The polymer absorbs soil, holds it in suspension, and provides a vehicle for the extraction of soil during the post-vacuuming process. Good encap polymers are COSTLY, and that's likely why some of the chemical manufacturers sell "encapsulation" products that do not crystallize or contain a polymer that dries down to a brittle polymeric residue. I've been extensively working with, formulating, and selling encapsulation products for the past 13 years - and from everything I've learned it's simply not possible to capture soil without employing an effective encap polymer. Yet some manufacturers claim to have products that can encapsulate soil even without containing an encap polymer. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Now I understand the premature baldness you have.... It was good meeting you at MF...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom