Encap and scotchgard?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We came up with a simple approach. Use a protector that's compatible with the encap polymer.

Releasit detergents have a fluoro-protector built-in. But we also have Soileze as a stand alone spray-on protector for application following cleaning. It's completely compatible so it can be applied directly after encap cleaning with Releasit and there are no negatives. In fact it will add to the soil releasing properties of the polymer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool!

Rick are there any benefits to applying after it's dry and vacuumed?

I guess I'm asking if I'm spraying protector that will later be vacuumed away or is that too negligible an amount to be concerned with?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Yeah Richard, it's not a problem. The small amount that may get vacuumed away is not enough to worry about. What the fluoro-chemical brings to the table far outweighs any minuscule loss that might occur through post vacuuming. It's perfectly OK to apply Soileze directly following the cleaning.

Keep in mind what a fluoro-chemical does. Its role is to lower surface tension. That's basically a fluoro-chemical's entire function. That is why an egg easily slides from a non-stick pan - because the surface tension of the pan is lower than the surface tension of the egg. And lowering the surface tension of carpet fiber isn't something that will easily vacuum away.

Here's what lowering the surface tension of the fiber will accomplish: By lowering the surface tension the wetting action of the detergent will increase. It helps the encapsulated soil to vacuum away from the fiber. It will also help retard the wicking process. And it adds soil-resistance to the carpet.

Soileze is a compatible protector, so it can be used directly following cleaning. It's a cool product. Here's a YouTube video that gives a brief overview on Soileze...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mevqY7Px-U

Take care bud!

Steve Manier

Not sure how many here have used Soileze. I have and can tell you this stuff works. We Encaped a few libraries with Punch respray and Releasit DS and immediately sprayed down soileze after cleaning about a year ago. We got the call to clean them again for this year and did the first one last weekend. Carpet came out looking brand new. there was even a few dye looking stains that came out no problem. Before cleaning any of them I inspected them all and couldn't believe the overall appearance. For not being cleaned in a year they looked great! I just ordered my 5th or 6th case and will continue to use it with Encap cleaning. Thanks Rick!

Steve

Name
Shawn Forsythe
encapman said:
Keep in mind what a fluoro-chemical does. Its role is to lower surface tension. That's basically a fluoro-chemical's entire function. That is why an egg easily slides from a non-stick pan - because the surface tension of the pan is lower than the surface tension of the egg. And lowering the surface tension of carpet fiber isn't something that will easily vacuum away.

Here's what lowering the surface tension of the fiber will accomplish: By lowering the surface tension the wetting action of the detergent will increase. It helps the encapsulated soil to vacuum away from the fiber. It will also help retard the wicking process. And it adds soil-resistance to the carpet.

I would hate to see people confused by proper use of terms when they take a CCT or read the S-100, which is revised for technical correctness. Solids do not possess "surface tension", per se, as that term is specific only to liquids. What a protector does, upon curing, is lower the Surface Energy of the fiber below that of the Surface Energy of a potential penetrating liquid. Surfaces are wetted (stained) by liquids that have equal or lower surface tension than the surface energy of a fiber’s surface. People are more familiar with the term "surface tension", so it has a tendency to be used to describe solids for simplicity, which it should not be if we use terms correctly, as is done in the CCT.

Justine Franchina of DuPont did a fantastic job at contributing to a thorough coverage of protector explanation in the revised standard, which I certainly have not have done justice in the short paraphrased synopsis excerpt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom