Encap Detergents as a Rinse

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
On my 3rd month of using a low foaming encap juice as a rinse on carpet. Very impressive. You can crank it up and still no crunchy carpet. Anyone try Magic Wands powered Atomic as a TM rinse?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
hogjowl said:
Why? :roll:

We meter BP...Encapuguard...on all Berbers... :wink:

Removes previous detergents & STOPS WICKING... :shock:

We charge an additional .15sf...and sell as a clean & protect... :!:

It REALLY WORKS... :eek:

It acts as an acid rinse...&...leaves En-cap polymer as a protectant..

hogjowl

Idiot™
BS! By the time that stuff gets to the carpet it is diluted to the point where it's useless. Might as well use water.

And when was the last time wicking was an issue?

I remember a couple of years ago when encap. rinses first started coming out, another of you idiots posted about how it stopped wicking and Tony asked a very pointed question. "How do you know?"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
hogjowl said:
BS! By the time that stuff gets to the carpet it is diluted to the point where it's useless. Might as well use water.

And when was the last time wicking was an issue?

I remember a couple of years ago when encap. rinses first started coming out, another of you idiots posted about how it stopped wicking and Tony asked a very pointed question. "How do you know?"

Don't you meter teFlOn...through your NEW lawnmower..... :p :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
I challenge Harper to take the mix coming out of his (kid's) wand and let it dry in a shot glass.

If there are polymer flakes in there I'll take that Goat off your hands.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i have been wanting to try the atomic.. its shows that they rinse with a tm with it on there site................. what would be the benefits? and negetives about using it. I know mikey doesnt care for magic wand products but. We use the greaseeater as our everyday pre-spray. Its better than anything i think.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"Encapuguard" brings the benefits of encapsulation to hot water extraction.
Its application neutralizes alkaline residues,limits wicking and adds encapsulating
anti-resoil polymers to the carpet.

Mike...when "I" said "meter"..I am talking about a Hydro-Force... :roll:

I use ONLY water as a RINSE...!!!!

We Prespray...CLEAN...then mist the Encapuguard as a neutralizer & protectant...!

If necessary we will post-pad & set Air Paths...

We sell VERY little ..Scotchguard or Teflon.. IMO...they DOn'T work very well on
DAMP carpet...!

This product DOES offer better protection IMO...!

The client...Likes to here of NEW alternatives.. :wink:

It will sell ITSELF...If the client is educated to its PURPOSE.... :idea:

I would think if you metered it through you LAST-STEP chemical injection system..
That it would "CLOGG-UP" everything it touches... :roll: "When it dried."

Mikey P

Administrator
joeynbgky said:
i have been wanting to try the atomic.. its shows that they rinse with a tm with it on there site................. what would be the benefits? and negetives about using it. I know mikey doesnt care for magic wand products but. We use the greaseeater as our everyday pre-spray. Its better than anything i think.

Its not that I don't care for them, it's that I have not tried many.
Trashed 3 is excellent. Oxy Blaster is my fave alk tile cleaner.

and Taf is buying a a banner so be nice to him.. :shock: :shock:

Encapuguard is intended to be used as a post spray like ARA or it can be added to any acid rinse. For me I prefer prochem all fiber deep clean because it is a low ph detergent with built in polymers. I never liked the idea of a post spray for cgd. I think it is more beneficial to just use slurry mixed light and post pad. I have a job tonight that I will use the AFDC just because I feel the polymer rinse does a better job.

I agree carpet protectors simply do not work on damp carpet. If you can talk the customer into allowing you to return the next day for an additional fee to protect, then that would be the best option.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
First, there are several flavors of low foaming encap detergents. They are just that, detergents. No mystery there, jeez. You can however substitute more then one of them in your 5 gal TM jug. The benefit?, well #1 the two that I've experimented with do quite well at emulsifying a light soil load. #2 is the residue (although very slight) will vacuum versus traditional "non" polymer detergents that don't. So to recap about encap, there's no mystery. They're detergents.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Wicking is constantly mentioned here.

Just curious.
How many of you have this happen very frequently?

Given, most of my clients are residential, however, I hardly ever have this problem. I actually don't remember when was the last time it happened.

With proper cleaning technique, adjusted to the condition of the carpet and the fiber at hand, unless you are cleaning totally trashed carpets with huge spills and saturated pads, it should not happen that often.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I don't use encap juice in the way I describe above for anti-wicking. Wicking happened to me one time 5 years ago.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Scott,
In that case it brings us back to Marty's very good question:
Why?

You said:
"well #1 the two that I've experimented with do quite well at emulsifying a light soil load. #2 is the residue (although very slight) will vacuum versus traditional "non" polymer detergents that don't."

#1: A good detergent be it "Dry Slurry" or "Soap Free" or whatever your regular detergent is, will probably do as good if not better a job of removing soil. In addition they are much better formulated to be rinsed out.

#2: A good detergent will leave very little, non sticky residue that will be easily vacuumed off once the carpet dries.
An encap product will likely leave a detergent residue + a polymer residue and since it is a shampoo after all, more sticky residue.

I really can not see any advantage.

Unless I am missing something here.

gary mackay

I clogged my system up doing that & will never do it again. My heater still sends chunks of white encap crud to a filter that I have to clean every week. Clogged my heater discharge hose solid and restricted all my my brass.

Joe Bristor

Gary...Me too. It's the 'white glue' mentioned a few days back. I spent a weekend uncongealing encap polymer from my Lil Giant. Stoop. Full strength no less.

Scott's gettin away with it cuz he's not metering any glycolic (All Fiber Rinse)???

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I'm trying a couple gallons of VacAway Dirt Assassin as of late. 16oz in my 5 gal jug. Hasn't built up any more then tons of other traditional detergents have in the past. Dried Encap Punch from Excellent Supply and no build up either.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
There are some definite benefits to using an Encap detergent in a hot water extraction application. Here's a YouTube video that I put together that explains how this works. This YouTube clip is a product description video, but the information can be helpful in understanding the role that any true encap detergent can play that's designed for HWE (as long as it has a sufficient polymer base).

l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUMXrXMnc0l]

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'll believe it when it is proven in side to side tests.

My experience, so far without fail, is that the products that are supposed to replace three other products never do anything real well.

I am willing to bet that "SoapFree" meterd at 2 gpm will leave a lot less residue than Rick's product and that whatever it does leave behind will vacuum easier and will attract less soil and cause less re soiling.

In all fairness, this is what I believe. Never tested them side to side.

Mikey P

Administrator
Want to prevent or eliminate wicking?

Werner the traffic areas and where Fido hangs out and dry stroke like mad.

Over loading the carpet with chems will just make it worse.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Again, wicking has never been an issue with me.

However, I had a slow morning and I descaled my slide in (vinegar, my favorite) and jaaazus did I get some white chunks. Joe the Bristor got me thinking with his comment about white glue. Hum.

encapman said:
There are some definite benefits to using an Encap detergent in a hot water extraction application. Here's a YouTube video that I put together that explains how this works. This YouTube clip is a product description video, but the information can be helpful in understanding the role that any true encap detergent can play that's designed for HWE (as long as it has a sufficient polymer base).

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUMXrXMnc0j]

Wow...Ive never imagine that Rick G's voice would be so soothing.. :shock:

Joe Bristor

I warned ya.
to flush: keep temps down, crank up pressure, pull off QD, let it flow 15 minutes full force, 1 hose at a time.
call me in the morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom