Encap pads, what do you use?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Sooo, many different types of rotary/floor machine pads.

Most of the time I'm using the green stripe or looped fluffy type of bonnets. Both work well, but what are you using?

Lefty724

Name
E
With the 175/rotary, I use the tuway's and loopy cotton bonnets.

With the OP, I use the microfiber with scrub strips and HOS Superzorbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
The best pads I've used for removing soil with a rotary is the thick terri cotton pads Orbitec sells, could also be used for encapping.
They'll work good on op if your using them dry, but once they absord a lot of water they won't stay under the machine.
I use the microfibers with op for encapping most of the time.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I guess I should put in a plug for our FiberPlus pads here too. ;)

Here's what we did to come up with our FiberPlus pads. We started with a typical beige floor buffing pad. From there we had the formula modified to include a special binder that helps the pads to hold up to carpet scrubbing. They're gentle enough to not damage the carpet, yet they're durable enough to outlast a typical floor pad. And since we sell enough pads to negotiate our own formula, that binder material is proprietary to our FiberPlus brand pads.

We also have a more aggressive gray colored pad for loop CGD carpet. They're called FiberPlus Max. These pads scrub about 20% quicker on a trashed carpet than the standard beige FiberPlus pads. However they don't contain the additional binder material, so they also wear our faster. So there's a tradeoff.

Here's a link... http://www.excellent-supply.com/PADS-BONNETS_c_66.html

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
For encap only I agree with Rick, fiberplus pads. For excellent results try a fiberplus pad followed by a micro or cotton pad. I've done some really trashed rentals with this combo.

Name
I'm Rick James
I really like the champagne pads, they can suck up a lot of soil and the best pads I have used so far.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
For straight encap I would go with Rick's fiber pads or Agiclean

But for padcapping I would do microfiber and Superzorbs.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
How do you who use fiber pads on OP machines keep them from chewing up the Velcro drivers?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
How do you who use fiber pads on OP machines keep them from chewing up the Velcro drivers?

I have no problem with it. I replace the "velcro" driver on the Orbot every few months. I guess its not really a Velcro drive but a stronger plastic.
Minimal cost to replace since it is not the driver itself but a thin sheet of plastic that is screwed onto the driver.

That's with the Orbot being used 2-4 hours every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny

Scott Rampage

Name
Scott Rampage
We have all different types of pads microfiber,cotton,2 ways,tiger stripe that's all I can think of.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I have no problem with it. I replace the "velcro" driver on the Orbot every few months. I guess its not really a Velcro drive but a stronger plastic.
Minimal cost to replace since it is not the driver itself but a thin sheet of plastic that is screwed onto the driver.

That's with the Orbot being used 2-4 hours every day.
My Orbitec has glue-on Velcro that gets chewed up quick by abrasive fiber pads. And the Velcro is a pain to replace cuz you need to use MEK to remove the 3M 1099 glue from the driver. That glue actually melted one driver.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom