Encap questions.

Npetersen

Name
Nick Petersen
I want to get into the commercial encap game....

Can you really do it with just a 175 or should I be shooting for a cimex?

Also, I'm gonna be practicing doing it this week with a 175 and was wondering for 1000 sq ft of carpet how many pads, and what kind I would need?

And..

Does interlink supply have any decent encap chems so I can just get some locally for now?

Im Very much a novice at this so I just want to get some info and practice.
Thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Nick;

Get a couple of good micro-fiber bonnets . . .

and you can "Encap" 1000 sq. ft. with a 175 RPM machine.

Peroxicap™ Carpet Prespray
is an Interlink product we like.

And of course, we have Dynachem Encaps.

Larry

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You can definitely use a 175 for encap, we prefer the fiberplus pads and releaseit . The local jan supplier has something thats ok also

Interlinks should be fine with a white pad, maybe pickup a bonnet to try out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Interlinks Encapuclean is a decent product we ran short of our normal products and just couldn't get it in time. KC is just 50-minutes away so we ran down and bought 3-case for a weekend job. All went well its smells clean and seemed to do just as good as the normal product we use.

Coverage with pads will depend on soiling but 400 sq/ft per side is average. Higher degree of soiling flip more often. I would suggest Tuway Thin Ones and combo blend pads, you see more soil transfer and still get good coverage.

Vacuum well, spray down the product with electric or pump sprayer, use damped pads lightly wringer out as you rinse cycle. Flip them as need, keep them lubricated with water so as not to damage the fibers.

It does a pretty amazing job, when you've ready to step it up, then get a Cimex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Russ T.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'd say start with a 175 and when you have enough work to justify it buy a Cimex and/or an OP. That said, you can get great results with a rotary althought the production (profit) is higher withplanetary scrubber or OP machine. As far as chems go I like Releasit and Vacaway as well as Snake Oil (yes, I sell all 3 lines & yes I cherry picked the industry). Rotating your polymer and surfactant around helps long term. By the way, keeping customers is the name of the game in the commercial arena. Think long term.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Andy McFadden
It's good to have a few cotton pads on hand for the real dirty areas, bonnet pro has real good ones.

For standard work I recommend the micro fibers with scrub strips (direct mop sales) then just follow with a cotton on the hard soil areas. Good to have some fiber plus pas along as well.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Glad I told you about directmopsales huh?

Much cheaper than cimex ricky

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom