Encap Rinse

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
What do you guys like? What are the options out there?

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I really like UltiMax Plus. I use Scot Labs chemicals for most of my work. They are all water extraction encapping chems.

I made a video you can watch to get a better idea. Maybe this gives you something to think about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xhGGc4zOjg

Grant

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Used the encap-punch for 4 years or something. On lighter colored carpet it really looked awesome.

The problem was 3-4 of our largest customers installed new darker carpet and the impact wasn't the same. So we switched to fiber rinse and now are testing endzone which has some encap.

Make sure to descale on a regular basis.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rick you do an "excellent" job with your video's! You sound like a PBS program speaker, I think you missed your calling. :winky:

Did you say "phenomenal" product? Might have to pay royalties on that word! :p

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Thanks Rick, I had bought a few gallons of Encap Punch to use as a prespray to go along with DS2. I didn't realize it was also a good rinse agent. I'll give it a try.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Currently I rinse commercial with intensity green boosted with ammonia if its nasty. That's what intensity red is. Both work great but I prefer to add my own ammonia when needed

gene

Reactions: GeeeAus
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I think Dee Dee at Magic Wand told me that their Potion has either encap or encap like properties.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The problem with an encap rinse is the actual amount of encap product left in the carpet when you are done. pre-sprarys are fairly concentrated when you consider you use about a quart of cleaner per 1000 sq ft (qt in sprayer filled to top with water and then sprayed on about 1000sq ft. thats our average).

When you get to the solution, we use the same, about a quart in the jug, filled with 5 gallons of water then diluted farther through the metering system. I havn't done the numbers but I figure about a quart to 5000 ft of carpet or so. then you are extracting this week solution. So how much encap polymer are you going to leave in the carpet? My best guess would be very very little.

Have you considered a post treatment with an encap product. Bridgepoint makes a post treatment with an alkali neutralizer and encap product in it. It is also a green product if your customers like that sort of thing. You will leave much more polymer in the carpet but it will be an extra step.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No need to run a chemical with "Liquid plastic" in it to eventually clog your wands, HX, or anything else.

What you're trying to do is overcome BAD wand technique , so just do better DRY strokes.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
No need to run a chemical with "Liquid plastic" in it to eventually clog your wands, HX, or anything else.

What you're trying to do is overcome BAD wand technique , so just do better DRY strokes.

its impossible to remove all the dirt from glue down. ( Without a trinity) It may not be much but rinsing with an encap helps. The accounts I use it on look better when I return. They seem brighter. It may just be the peroxide getting rinsed with ammonia. I have used 1/2 gallon of intensity green set to 5 for a nasty medical center. They only clean once a year, 7 doctors flowing patients 6 days a week. The previous guy wicked it. It's never wicked on me and that's how I rinse it.

Gene

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
The problem with an encap rinse is the actual amount of encap product left in the carpet when you are done. pre-sprarys are fairly concentrated when you consider you use about a quart of cleaner per 1000 sq ft (qt in sprayer filled to top with water and then sprayed on about 1000sq ft. thats our average).

When you get to the solution, we use the same, about a quart in the jug, filled with 5 gallons of water then diluted farther through the metering system. I havn't done the numbers but I figure about a quart to 5000 ft of carpet or so. then you are extracting this week solution. So how much encap polymer are you going to leave in the carpet? My best guess would be very very little.

Have you considered a post treatment with an encap product. Bridgepoint makes a post treatment with an alkali neutralizer and encap product in it. It is also a green product if your customers like that sort of thing. You will leave much more polymer in the carpet but it will be an extra step.

Your post gave me real pause and I agree with your sentiments. Where I find I get better value from encap in HWE is that I use a system, not a rinse by itself. My chems are all the same brand and and are all encap agents, even my citrus and O2 spotter / boosters. The encap rinse at the end really just neutralises alkalinity and catalyses the polymerisation reaction. I am not in my case relying on a heavily diluted rinse to supply the encap polymer needed to encapsulate the soil and soap, instead these agents all had their own and any proportion of those that remains after rinsing should commence encapsulation after contact is made by the acid rinse / catalyst.

Grant

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Encap rinses are a waste of your money.

Just another in a long line of waste perpetuated on you by this fine industry.
Encapping works. Not the way a pad capper thinks but a properly cleaned carpet flushed out with HWE will benefit from it. We solve other people's problems with it all the time.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom