Encap

Gary T

A couple Questions. I would like to try to encap my in-laws pool carpet. Its an olefin berber, HWEd it last year. I only have a power-flite 175 rotary. What pads/bonnets to use and what encap product?

Thanks

John Watson

Gary, I also have and use the power flite 175 on some encap jobs.

You can use the brush or use a fiber pad. I get my pads from Ricky G at
Excellent Supply. I have tried a variety of en-cap products and Tend to use Releasit Double strength most of the time. Call Rick and I am sure he will send you a sample to try.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lets see, you are going to SHAMPOO carpet next to a pool.

Would make a nice lathering mess and slippery at that.

Rethink this.

Alan Meter

A 175 rpm floor machine will definately work. I like a shampoo tank on my floor machine, because it saves the step of prespraying. Fiber plus pads or a mildly aggressive buffing pad (Beige or red).

Lots of good encap juices out there like Cobb Carpets Encapsulate cleaner.
Realeasit. Pro's Choice Brush and Bonnet. Matrix Super Encapsoil.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Gary T said:
A couple Questions. I would like to try to encap my in-laws pool carpet. Its an olefin berber, HWEd it last year. I only have a power-flite 175 rotary. What pads/bonnets to use and what encap product?

Thanks

Skip pads that are intended for cleaning commercial glue down. I would use a thin cotton towel type pad for most residential.

If it is deep pile, you might prefer one of the shaggy lopped cotton bonnets. For heavy soil, the rayon bonnets with green polyester strips provide extra agitation.

Several good encap products available. Of course, I would use Bridgepoint's Encapuclean.

Scott Warrington

Gary T

It is a commercial glue down. I didn't think about what would happen with the crystals when they got wet, might not be a good idea huh?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if you're wooried about it, i'd reckon that if it "Crystalizes", you'd be best using a vac with a highly aggressive brush roll to break them up and vac them away...or run a HOST / GLS scrubber over it then vac, or a pile lifter.

has never cleaned carpet in a pool house --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom