Encappers.....What your fav and most economical encap product you use?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I have used Encapuclean 02, a little pricey, dilutes 10 oz to a gallon. Using it in an enclosed area can really get you gagging. Works on the nastiest of nasties. I think it affected my lungs 2 weeks ago while cleaning a very enclosed area. Still congested and coughing...almost hacked up a lung after the 2nd day.

Whats everyone using?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
To me, the most economical solution is the one that does the best job, and eliminates callbacks. Chem costs are small compared to the balance - labor, fuel, etc. I'm a Hot Knife/Releasit DS user myself.

If you're going to compare costs though, do it using the cost of RTU solution, don't go by how much the jug costs. Different dilution rates will confuse you otherwise.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Vacaways green. Who cares what it costs if it works and doesn't kill you. Smallest part of the equation

gene

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Like all chemical usage dilute half of what they say to use.

instead of the 10 oz use 4-5 oz.

I talked to Scott about them adding a fragrance to that encapucleanO2 but nothing happened.

It's the only one I use now and I add some multiphase deo to it.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Releasit DS2 is my favorite through the Cimex. I've tried several kinds because I'm new to encap. Each actually worked quite well, dilution ratios varied wildly for me though. The Releasit DS2 is spendy per bottle but every bit as economical as anything I've tried. It has a pleasant odor too.

The Clean Machine

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We do exactly the same. 10oz for every gallon, usually need 2 gallons depending on the size of the home. Usually 2 gallons for 3 rooms. Also we use Encap DS for darker colored carpet. O2 for more white colored carpet. It works amazing. Mix it with a little spot remover, those traffic lanes brighten up like none other.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I know the profits are great when encaping but I am still a cheap mizer when it comes to spending money on chems. I used to use Releasit only but got hooked on DSE from Jon Don. It was 1/2 the price and did just as well in side by side tests. I then started using Releasit only on the real bad jobs and told my guys to do the same. They complained that it (Releasit) didn't do as well and I didn't believe them. I sent them out on a nasty job and put Releasit in an empty DSE jug to prove that the Releasit would work as well and better on the nastys. They told me the next day that I need to call Jon because they got a bad batch of DSE. It didn't cut the dirt like before. They pulled a "real DSE jug" off the other truck and it worked awesome. That was all the proof I needed. I hated that too because I want to support Rick and his business.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'll have to try the DSE. Thanks for the tip, I've got a ton of commercial encap coming up. Is that mixed similar to the Releasit DS2? @ 4 oz per gallon?

The Clean Machine

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
opposite of James for me. i often double the dilution ratios ... whatever i need to do to get the best results.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Doesn't anyone use Punch on the rat nasties??

I also like Hot Knife.

Unfortunately, the DS2 can upset both Del & myself, especially in confined quarters.

I like both Rick's & Steve's stuff but freight to down under is a killer, but I do suffer the price every so often.

Labour is the highest cost denominator to me, so a good product that works well & with a nice fragrance can be paramount.

But we are still very frugal with our pennies. :winky:

:yoda:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bonnet Pro makes some very good shampoos too. He had an ofer of buying 1 gallon to try for $15 and that would include shipping.

Very good fragrance. www.bonnetpro.com

But I'll stick to encapucleanO2 for now can't beat the price and it addresses all the stains I encounter, blood, urine , biologicals etc.

Reactions: GeeeAus and Derek

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
VacAway is the one we use the most but all the big names in Encap make good stuff.

We used Releasit for many years, we've used Snake Oil for several years and have used Encapuclean when short on chems and time (we can get it local).

Like Derek we may boost it up when heavily soiled and use twice the strength in those areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just throwin' a few things around. I've got some big encap jobs coming up. Thanks for the ideas. It would be nice if some entrapeneur would put together sample packs of all available products in one shipping. You could then test on your nastiest jobs.....enough to know what your getting.

Same goes with pre-sprays and rinses....it would be nice to get (and pay for) a sample pack of all the best products in one box. Maybe an idea for you "industrial types" out there looking for a side business?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You're not going to see any practical difference between all the top brands interlink,jondon, releaseit, vacaway.

Several years ago vacaway/releaseit had an edge but those big guys have caught up. Really cant go wrong with any of them today.

Reactions: rwcarpet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree those guys were kicking butt, a lot of it because the larger manufacturers were overlooking the encap market.

Now everyone makes an Encap product....they're not all great but the top brands are going to be pretty close.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been using Snake Oil for the past few years. Works for me. Used Vacaway and John G's juice before that. I need to try some of the new stuff.

Last edited:

dekeil

Name
DOUG
MASTERBLEND+++++++
Soil Retardant Shampoo
Premium Carpet Shamppoo

An advanced shampoo designed for use in rotary floor, rotary extractor, or foam cleaning machines. Superior blend of detergents, degreasers, foaming agents, and soil retardants emulsify dirt and grime as well as protect against resoiling. Soil Retardant Shampoo is aggressive for heavily soiled areas and cleans quickly, eliminating overwetting, and browning. Copolymer technology allows this shampoo to impart a premium soil retardant during the cleaning process. Highly concentrated for economy. Fast drying makes this product ideal for use in all high usage facilities that need to be cleaned or maintained on a frequent basis. Also aids in reducing static electricity.

Ready to use pH is 8.3

Mix one part Soil Retardant Shampoo with 32 parts water (4 oz. per gallon of water).

Reactions: romy718

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Releasit DS2 is my favorite through the Cimex. I've tried several kinds because I'm new to encap. Each actually worked quite well, dilution ratios varied wildly for me though. The Releasit DS2 is spendy per bottle but every bit as economical as anything I've tried. It has a pleasant odor too.

That's true. The end use cost of Releasit is extremely low!

banner1.jpg

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
The DS works well on dark carpet, you use less mix than the O2. Approx 12 ounces for 2 gallons using Encap DS.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I received my sample pack a few weeks ago. Cost me only 16 bucks in shipping. Surprised when it was shipped next day and received the day after. First company I have seen that does not seem to take their time when giving something away for free.
Have not used any yet, but I am impressed with the completeness of their line of the most popular spotters… red, pog, ink, etc, all containing the Vacaway polymer.
Nice, professional folder of literature also.
pe2a7azy.jpg
esu6ygy8.jpg

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
At this moment in time I am holding Scot's Tuff FoamDry, Kirby Dry Foam, Total Supply Solutions' Aussie Encappa, Release Its' Encap Punch and Encap Clean DS and VacAway's Encap Green as well as encapsulating boosters and rinses.

They a;; perform well. Release It is better and a 1 step encap on commercials, Aussie Encappa works surprising well of furniture, Kirby Dry Foam on wool and VacAway on Nylon either stand alone of prior to HWE.

Grant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom