encapsulation cleaning

m_miles

This may be a stupid question but here it is anyway. From what I understand when you are using encapsulation cleaning you leave it in the carpet to do its work therefore leaving the dirt in the carpet also. So here's the question why not clean with an encap juice, then thoroughly extract the carpet, from what I understand your bound to leave at least a little residue in the carpet which would let the encap work its magic and also you'd be able to remove the dirt therefore producing great results? Take it easy on me now, I just want to understand encapsulation cleaning a little better.

Farenheit251

Made more sense to me to steam extract first and then encap w/ a bonnet leaving all the encap behind. Thats exactly what I did yesterday on a medical administrative office w/ olefin carpet. Various single method guys of all types unable to fix the traffic lanes. The post bonnet w/ releasit and peroxide saved the day. Now I am waiting for a call to set the 13 Doctors offices on a schedule.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Encapsulation is the NEW marketing term for SHAMPOO.

What you described is simply the OLD way of cleaning by SHAMPOOING and rinsing.

Think of it this way to describe EnCAPsULAtION , It the same thing a KIRBY salesman does in his demo in your home.he scrubs in the shampoo and tells you to vacuum it up when it dries.

And the truth is you will never find those "crystals" in your vac bag.
So the dirt is still in your carpet but looks better.

Is THAT an ethical way of cleaning for your customers?

hogjowl

Idiot™
There are situations where you can successfully scrub-n-run encap. clean and be successful, but those are rare. Usually, some sort of extraction is needed. In my worst maintenance account, I have eventually gotten things in order with time by initially using HWE with traditional products and rinses. Then as it improved some, I switched to a film forming rinse. That one change made all the difference for me in this particular account. I noticed my resoiling and appearance becoming less and less a problem, and now, just withing the past couple of months, I am starting to be able to bonnet clean some of the worst areas, simply because the resoiling is so slight now.

The film forming product I personally use is Soil Ease by Shield Industries.

As far as I know, Shield Industries doesn't post on the internet. Truck Mounts and Cleaning Solutions where I purchase it doesn't either. Neither of these two companies buy their bulletin board shills the way almost all the old time bulletin board sellers do.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so Brian you put peroxide in with your encap??

whose juice you using??

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Old time BB salesmen like Ricky G and John G?

I get a kick out of the brainwashed shills for Ricky who are just too dumb to figure out they is being used.

Jeff Van Buren,Del scriver, Joe Mellon

Dereks not so bad now that he's in rehab.

What a HOOT!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh ha....never mind i reread it this morning and saw it... :oops: :oops: :oops:

to damn tired last night...

ok so hows much did you put in???

John Buxton

Just did my first demo of the cimex with encap on CGD wool. It really made the carpet look better than it ever has with HWE, it sold them.

I understand that I still need to extract it a couple times a year, but ya know you never get out everything unless its submurged in a pit like a rug.

So, if they are happy (and pay) then I am happy.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'd reply but am starting to finally make a decent living and have learnt to shut my yap some to keep yous in the dark.

but watch out for the closet-encaper's!!! :!:

90 days clean --- Derek.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just don't call it cleaning and you're good.

Use the term Appearance Management instead. Cleaning (removing soil) is one facet of appearance management and encapsulation (making the carpet look clean) is another. Whether you choose to tell your commercial customer how you're managing the appearance of their carpet is up to you. Don't use it in residences or apartments, and as sensitive as doctors and dentists are to anything that might affect health I'd be nervous about using it their offices as well.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Personally, I thoroughly vacuum with a good vacuum cleaner to remove most of the dry soiling, leaving only the water and solvent soluble areas that require extra work.

(& that does not mean I do not go over the entire carpet):lol: :lol:

As a system it works, depending on what the requirements of the job are.

It may not be the ducks guts, nor the Rolls Royce of cleaning systems, that will fix any and all cleaning job, but what single system will :?:

On a regular job, periodic flushing will most likely be necessary.

To each their own.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

I was trying to verify the "film forming" aspect of the encap you were using by Shield Industries.

Found a company by that name in Atlanta who made carpet cleaners.

They didn't show the product "Soil Ease".

Is that the same company??

Larry Cobb

hogjowl

Idiot™
Larry:
The product is named ForceField SoilBlaster Pro and is made by Shield Industries in Woodstock Georgia.

1-800-332-6327

No better and no worse than your product with teflon in it. I just can get it from my supplier.

hogjowl

Idiot™
$48? TCS has it listed, I think, for $38.00, but they're giving a $10/gal discount, so it's down to like $28. It may get too pricey for me to use. It's not the best CLEANER in the world, but I use it in my rinse for a few cleanings and by then the resoiling is so slight that I can switch to bonnet cleaning and use it as the prespray.

Larry's stuff with Teflon will probably end up cheaper in the long run, and may be just as good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom