Encapsulation, I use it. BUT

steamron

Name
Ron
I been in this business for years, I use either my TM of I use the Cimex.
I use the TM for residential and dirty restaurants, I use the Cimex on commercial properties.

On a dirty hallway just one pass is so noticeable with the Cimex I am always impressed with the results.

Has there been any true scientific testing of where that oily sticky dirt goes? Is it truly encased by the detergent used? Now like I said it always looks very good when done, but the next day if I take a clean white damp towel and start rubbing the rag gets dirty fast.

Thanks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jump in the shower tomorrow, shampoo your hair real foamy- jump out without rinsing. Is your hair clean? Dry some of your encap on a dish or a clear glass plate. Does it turn into a brittle crystalline powdered pixie/fairy dust? It all vacuums up!:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

Welcome to reality! Encap is appearance cleaning(ish), not the physical removal of the soils.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's appearance management! :winky:

For CGD
Pro's : Looks better than HWE, dries fast, high production in open space allows it to fit within budgets.
Con's: Soil removal is up to the vacuum. If you don't vacuum, you don't remove the soil.

When not abused is is a pretty good system. When used in conjunction with HWE & OP it can be a great system! :cool:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
It's appearance management! :winky:

For CGD
Pro's : Looks better than HWE, dries fast, high production in open space allows it to fit within budgets.
Con's: Soil removal is up to the vacuum. If you don't vacuum, you don't remove the soil.

When not abused is is a pretty good system. When used in conjunction with HWE & OP it can be a great system! :cool:

Well said! I agree.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've read a bunch of idiot low moisture cleaners posting about encapping greasy restaurants carpets over the years, and I knew they were lying.

I got my Cimex a month ago and had a nasty meat and three call me. I've done it before and I knew it would be a bear to clean. I decided to see how the Cimex would do on it so I could tell the next guy who talked about encapping a greasy restaurant he was FOS.

The carpets looked wonderful! I was so surprised. I mean ... it's just not possible for all that grease to be encapsulated by that pixie dust! So where did it go?

And, the next day, when I went to pick up the check, it looked EVEN BETTER!

I know I should feel ashamed, but the check cashed anyway.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've read a bunch of idiot low moisture cleaners posting about encapping greasy restaurants carpets over the years, and I knew they were lying.

I got my Cimex a month ago and had a nasty meat and three call me. I've done it before and I knew it would be a bear to clean. I decided to see how the Cimex would do on it so I could tell the next guy who talked about encapping a greasy restaurant he was FOS.

The carpets looked wonderful! I was so surprised. I mean ... it's just not possible for all that grease to be encapsulated by that pixie dust! So where did it go?

Dang.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
A lot of these commercial custy's only care about 2 things, price and appearance.

This is where the Cimex dominates!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Marty,
What kind of pads and juice were you using?

It's crazy isn't it, the Mex is kinda magical!

hogjowl

Idiot™
The only difference between Jimmy and me (related to encap cleaning) is I admit it.

By the way, I don't plan on making a habit of encapping restaurants. I just wanted to see if it can be done.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Last month my van broke and I had a restaurant that just couldn't wait another day so I loaded my Cimex, Vario, chems and bonnets into my Durango and went to work.

I will say the end result was very close maybe even as good as when I use the truckmount. The problem I had was it took almost twice as long as it usually does with the tm.

I pre sprayed with punch, ran ds2 through the Cimex with the Grey fiber plus pads and followed up with the Vario and microbeast bonnets on the worst areas coming off the tile.

Mikey P

Administrator

Two maybe three times you'll get away with it than you'll have to really flush all that Pixie sludge out.

(You should have bought that HOSS from Justin.)

Of course it will wick like crazy so just Airpath it it dry than Cimex over it.

Works better than great.

Mikey P

Administrator
Love that job..

paa.png

steve_64

i have a store i do a couple times a year now. the first time i cleaned it was so bad i presprayed, extracted then padded with realeasit and a buffer and bonnets.
next day the guy calls about white powder where these black areas use to be. they couldnt vacuum it up.
i took the pile lifter with and removed all the powder.
there was so much soil in this carpet that the encap had encapsulated and dried on the surface i was shocked.

im a believer.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you have a regular client that truly cares about their carpet, then explaining to them the benefits of how proper vacuuming will keep their carpet cleaner, longer & prolong the life of the carpet.

This keeps the soil load under control in the carpet which allows the polymers to do their job.

Proper maintenance is the key to encapsulation cleaning, and this includes regular cleaning by a professional with quality equipment & products.

I've had over 30 years of HWE, it's NOT the b-all & end-all of cleaning, sometimes you have to take a different approach to the old-time methods.

Sometimes a combination of methods is required.

I've now had about a decade of encapsulation with the Cimex, & about half that with the Sprayborg.

My customers know what they want.

For those that do not believe, read my lips........................ D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. ??

Good on you $Marty for having a go.

:yoda:

Back
Top Bottom