Encapsulation on Residential Carpet????

Im new to mikeysboard & new to encapsulation. I'm a big truckmount guy but have been impressed by the encapsulation process using a cimex machine. I have used it only for commercial work. Can or have you used encapsulation for residential ?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I tested it on a friends room once. Worked great. I wouldn't be comfortable doing it on a regular basis though.

Scrub 'n run in commercial though....all the time.

Cimex works great for pre-scrubbing in residential nasties.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable doing that. To me, it's not cleaning. However, I understand from others that you can get good appearance results from it.

I use encapsulation cleaning via padcapping (using an OP machine with pads). I am removing soil, and the residue left is an encapsulate. I feel better about that ... the fact that I am removing soil.

Having said that, let me hasten to add that it is still my personal opinion that HWE is king in the residential environment. Most of my encap. cleanings are commercial.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Never again. I did my home once with a OP machine on my Frieze carpet and tip bloomed the shit out of it. The thing I was surprised was I had more resoiling issues with the OP machine and Release-It combo then I did with HWE.

Golden Boy

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I gotta say, It says alot about the process when you use the term "scrub and run" with it, not to mention the person doing the work.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Doug, it's simply the quickest way to name the process without going into detail. Most folks understand the terminology.

Now as far as judging a person by the process. Nuts

G

Not only is it wrong its criminal. You are STEALING from the customer! Encap is for appearance cleaning only! OP is one thing but a Cimex or CRB is another. Just venting...disgusting :evil:

TimP

I heard the procaps/icapsol does a good job on residential for encaping.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
TimP said:
I heard the procaps/icapsol does a good job on residential for encaping.

With "bonnets"??

or full blown scrub'n run, like Cimex or rotary with VCT type pads??

Chem-Lie has made a living bonnet cleaning res, but even they're going to TMs now.

encRap scrub'n run in res is what they did in the "old days".
Jimmy mentions it's name all-de-time, it's SHAMPOOING
and it's an AWFUL way to clean soiled carpets.
(unless mediocre results are OK with your custys)

..L.T.A.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
if you are OK thinking about the family that has to live in the stuff you leave behind after encap, you can get away with it

I never really thought about it like that until I had a few accounts that ended up with the "black sock effect"..... yukkk!

Maybe consider a family that has a child with allergies, or a baby that has started to crawl, they call you to CLEAN a carpet for their children's health and what they get is somebody just spreading the soil around, maybe liberating all the little nasties to the surface of the carpet where the real damage is done. Unfortunately, since the carpet looks clean, it's OK for baby to suck drool from the floor.

Stick to the TM and sleep better at night.

The Preacher

i used to encap some of my customers homes with bonnet and a GLS machine, that combo pulled a ton of soil out with a good vacuum. i then HWE'ed the same home several months later and it scared me so much i haven't encapped one since!!!

Encapping is about improving the appearance, not about soil removal, the VLM guru's said so in that phone interview several week ago!!!

DevilDog

Boy, it is sure nice to see some of the more respected guys on here downplaying encapsulation in the residential environment.

This is something that should rarely happen in residential.

DevilDog

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And don't believe all those "Petry" dishes with snow flake crystals showing what eNcAPsULaTION residue looks like.

Its really a fine DUST in actual use and NOT some fancy looking marketing BS that sells miracle "SHAMPOO".

There is no encapsulation method.......it still falls under the SHAMPOO METHOD.

Don't believe all the BB salesmen who just want to get into your pocket.

Back
Top Bottom