Encapsulation Questions

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What is more effective over all in your experience:

A) Crystaslizing Polymer Chemistry (Like ENC/Releasit)
B) Film Forming Polymer Chemistry (Like Dynachem SR/SnapEncap)

Which Resoils slower?
Which is better for "nasties"/ higher soil load carpet?
Have you noticed significantly increased cleaning ability at higher dilution ratios?
In side by side tests what product has worked the best for you?

I'm having pretty good results with all of them. Just looking for some outside/independant verifications of my testing.

Reactions: Travis Sonderegger

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Did you read the cleanfax article about eNcaPsULaTION?
I noticed the guy said that film formers were "Old" technology.

Meaning they were the old style shampoos and now the makers just want to get on the bandwagon to make $$$$$$.

Its easy to slap a new lable on an old product.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Jimmy,
Yes I saw the article...While the film formers may be old technology they must have been updated as they seem to be resoiling slower than the "new" crystalizing shampoos. The only bad thing about it is the cleanings are needed less frequently. And for crystalizing to be "new" is innacurate, VonSchrader "crystalizes" ...It just doesnt come off of the fiber as easily as the next generation of stuff. This is from my experiences only, so I can't call it scientific proof... but what I have noticed.
Now, back to the questions...
Paging Clark Lancaster, Larry Cobb, Steve Smith, Shawn Forsythe, Taf Baig & Rick G

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a product that I have used that I like better then all the others but I keep going back to releasit due to the white foam. It is easier to train people to use the cimex machine when they see the foam

one thing I have never experienced is the stays cleaner longer catch phrase but it usually cleans up faster and easier when the yearly hwe is followed after the quarterly/half year encap maintenanace

except for the olefins, they seem to always clean up easy and resoil no matter what is done to them

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have no secret sauce

it has all been mentioned before

it you seek you will find grasshopper

I will give you one hint, his company was at connections the last 2 years and he writes an article every month in ICS magazine

but remember, I use it because it cleans well not because it promises to stay cleaner longer

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I have to agree with the white foam comment. Using Releasit is very easy because of this foam. It lets you see what you're doing. Helps you to get a feel for the machine you're using. I suppose after a while, you could use any product because you have the feel, but Releasit ensures you are doing it right.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We did little and now no scrub'n encRap.
A bit of bonnetcap and now mostly prefer to padcap with OP and cotton

A far as efficacy, they all seemed to work pretty well to me.
However, all except ENC bothers the back of my throat and often gives me a headache

ENC has an obvious amonia smell with strong dilutions, but that is perferable to me over the side effects I experience with the other encapoos.

Haven't used the film formers.
Cobby gave me a quart to try,(thanks Lar) but to be honest, It got buried in the van somewhere and I never think to find and try it

"Which is better for "nasties""

None of them get it for our standards on "nasties"

Though I'm gaining more confidence in OPie padcRapping.
But changing pads is a PITA and I'd much rather sell them a roto scrub and extract

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Remember there were old shampoos that had acylic polymers that dried into a crystal long ago.This marketing term made by ricky just made SHAMPOOING popular again.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm sure glad he made it popular again. In the commercial arena, encap products can really make you shine. Sure any method can if you do it well enough, but encap allows you to shine and make a great profit at a commercially acceptable price.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Jimmy you really need to stop singling out Rick and include all the other bb sales people that promote it, at least be fair about it

I will agree with Dirk

if it ain't for you then it ain't for you

G

The only thing negative.. is not one of the aforementioned products crystalizes and vacs out.. NOT ONE
I've looked in my bag so many times.. i quit.

notta in there.. except for some obvious soil that I saw.. ran the vac over.. and knew it made it in there.

Do i use encap? yes.. but sparingly.. and I know when and where and how to use it to compliment and more times than not.. be bookended by a thorough HWE..

Encapsulation is best served when using it on a 'maintenance plan'. .

Not on anything that HAS to be clean.. rather can merely look clean.
But again.. thats why its a commercial phenomenon.. and not for residential.

We dont live in commercial arena floors.. like residentials.

So it has its place.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steve you must be one of those single method cimex HACKS.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeremy;

DuPont chemists should credited with the development of "Encapsulation" cleaning several years ago. They did all the work for their commercial carpet cleaning division :Dupont Flooring Systems. They wanted a process that would stay clean longer than the TM HWE process they were using initially. The process worked very well when vacced on a regular basis.

Since then, polymer chemists have taken the anti-resoil chemistry to a higher level.

Now, the polymer aids in the cleaning process by having an affinity for the fiber itself. By attaching to the fiber, it tries to penetrate under the soil attached to the fiber. With the help of agitation, it is able to release the soil from the fiber and complete the coating of the fiber. The cleaning ability of "encap" cleaners has also been recently improved.

Only a film-former can coat the fiber and prevent resoiling.
The mills rely on an ASTM standardized resoiling test to compare the resoiling rates. We have this test available on our website if you are interested.

About two months ago, we added a StainResist additive to our Encap product, which gives good protection for staining liquids like coffee, soft drinks and of course Kool-Aid (R). The test results for this product are also on the website.

Larry Cobb

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
do I use his product
yes but
come on Jimmy, you know better then that, please don't confuse me with Rambo, the Italion Stallion of the encap bb

Rick just does a better job of selling it then any one else did

Did you you ever try some of that Tillamook Brown Cow ice cream, i think it is called udder chocolate now

G

Love my Cimex James.
But actually use my rotary and pads more than anything..

depending on severity/size.. etc.

I"m a HWE guy.. 99% of the time..

Pay me to do it right.. or dont call me at all.

Back
Top Bottom