Encouraging Custys to pay with cash...

Do have a proper way way to ask your residential custys to pay cash ?

I know you have to be careful with:

1- IRS(dont want them to think Im doing something fishy)
2- sounding like your a scumbag(unproffessional)

I know a few buisness they have signs cash only(restaurants)....and gas stations are now charging more for CC and discounts for cash.

How about.

"We offer a discount for cash to offset CC and check fees? (which is true I pay 300-400 for CC fees monthly)

just thinking outside the box.

Luke

After going through an audit and having an employee robbed of $500 in cash he had gotten from a customer, checks and credit cards are just fine with me.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A cleaner I know was audited by the IRS.

During the "Interview" (Interrogation/Inquisition) he was asked:

"So what do you do with the cash you get from your customers that you don't report to the IRS?"

Who would expect that question?

Curtis, I'm not inferring that's why you asked your opening question, by the way. Its more of a reinforcement to what Luke said.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
"So what do you do with your cash you don't report to the IRS"

"I buy lots of guns and ammunition, now shut your big mouth!"

WISE

I am not sure you can offer a lower price if someone pays by check or cash vs. credit card. I am pretty sure that is against the terms set by V and MC, etc.

Could be wrong, but seems like I remember reading that somewhere.

WISE

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Curtis...i'm not sure so i sent a copy of yor question to the IRS along wit yor address...i'm SURE they will let you know the proper answer......

yor welcome!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
SRI Cleaning said:
Mike, I think you are right. CC companies can drop you for doing it. i'm sure there are some exceptions to it though.

how do gas stations get away with it them

Greenie

For most, paying a $400 ticket with cash is not convienient, so those that do prefer to use cash, know the cash game.
Visa/MC are straight crooks, you can have a customer contest a charge from 364 days ago, and they will deduct that money before you know what happened, burdon of proof on you. We have reallly screwed up as a society allowing credit to be so prevalent.

Bring on the cash.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
With the direction our government is headed I'd rather get paid in gold right about now. :evil:

But in the end I don't care as long as the credit card or check clear. I suppose if I was smart I'd get a second account set up just for depositing credit card payments so I could limit what they can take.

Becker

Name
Becker
Personal I like being paid by CC.

They get processed that night, give me a check and I might not make it to the bank with it for up to 2 weeks sometimes. No kidding, I went this last tuesday and had checks june 30th.

Cash is good, but I'd not request it, nor give discounts for it. Almost never have change.. But that can be a good thing.

Rex Tyus

It has been a while since I had to worry about it. But the way I remember it is, It is a violation to charge more to use a cc or to charge any additional fee. A minimum purchase requirement is generally ok and you are allowed to offer cash "discounts". As long as you don't openly state an increase in price to use a CC or a credit card surcharge,transaction fee....

Hopefully someone still in the loop will chime in if I am wrong.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have never, nor would I ever ask any customer for cash as payment for cleaning.

We take checks, and will take cash if that's offered by the customer as an option.

We also take credit cards, but prefer not to because of the charges we incurr from the bank for taking the credit card. And of course the CC companies all have these reward programs for the cardholder so the customer wants to use their CC whenever they can.

If they must, we will take it, but again, prefer not to.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Here's what I found:

3.1 Surcharges
Unless otherwise agreed upon by us in writing, you may not impose any surcharge, levy or fee of any kind for any transaction where a Cardmember desires to use a Card for any purchase of goods and services.

Here's the website: http://consumerist.com/consumer/csr/meg ... 168646.php

Looks like that applies to any card.

But a discount for cash is a loophole and why Gas Stations use that verbiage.

Al

I like checks over CC's, I had a guy try to pay us less than the invoice with cash yesterday. I won't do it 8)

-JB-

Name
JB
I notice that the the ones who wanna make a "deal" if they pay cash,are ALWAYS, without exception the biggest ...

PAINS IN THE ASSES

there ever are. Not worth it.
IMO

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
JB said:
I notice that the the ones who wanna make a "deal" if they pay cash,are ALWAYS, without exception the biggest ...

PAINS IN THE ASSES

there ever are. Not worth it.
IMO

Oh, I feel an Amen coming...

wait for it...

Amen

C

Carpet Dude

"Maam, I take check or credit cards." "But if you prefer to pay in cash, there is a 15% discount for doing so."
"How would you like to pay?"

CC jobs in poor neighborhoods pay with cash. Folks living on a string will pay you either check or credit card. The middle class will do either check or credit card. People with true wealth will almost never carry cash.....these types almost always pay with checks.

btw- there are many cash only businesses like Chinese restaurants, car washes, laundry mats, etc. You thing the owners of some of these business do not have shoe boxes stashed somewhere?

Rex Tyus

Carpet Dude said:
"Maam, I take check or credit cards." "But if you prefer to pay in cash, there is a 15% discount for doing so."
"How would you like to pay?"

CC jobs in poor neighborhoods pay with cash. Folks living on a string will pay you either check or credit card. The middle class will do either check or credit card. People with true wealth will almost never carry cash.....these types almost always pay with checks.

btw- there are many cash only businesses like Chinese restaurants, car washes, laundry mats, etc. You thing the owners of some of these business do not have shoe boxes stashed somewhere?

DAMN! it kills me to agree with the "Carpet Dude" :evil:

gary mackay

I insist on check or c/c only because the IRS don't believe I don't get cash. It's up to them to prove it but they have a percentage that they claim pay in cash. I don't know what the hell they are talking about but I can assure you & them scumb bags that it all goes down in check or c/c or I walk.

Rex Tyus

gary mackay said:
I insist on check or c/c only because the IRS don't believe I don't get cash. It's up to them to prove it but they have a percentage that they claim pay in cash. I don't know what the hell they are talking about but I can assure you & them scumb bags that it all goes down in check or c/c or I walk.

I am confused :? You would honestly walk away from a CASH paying customer. The IRS doesn't tax cash receipts at a higher rate than ck or cc. Why would you care? IF you are audited just show them the records with your cash deposits in your business account. But perhaps I am misreading your post. Sorry in advance if that is the case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom