Endzone problem

Mikey P

Administrator
I was wrenching on the truck yesterday and noticed lots of white build up on some fittings. I credited it to the fact that the Kinetico softner has been on the fritz latley.

I saw somewhere that extended use of Endzone can cause this issue. ( damage to QC check valves) My question is, normally the process is to use an acid to descale, so should I do the opposite and run some ammonia through the system?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I would say just run a decent acid descale. The built up stuff you see, could just be the "encap capabilities" showing.

I used to run a quick acid descale every 300-400 hours.

I didn't notice any issues with Endzone when I was running it for about 2 years.

Reactions: J Scott W

Mikey P

Administrator
I would say just run a decent acid descale. The built up stuff you see, could just be the "encap capabilities" showing.

I used to run a quick acid descale every 300-400 hours.

I didn't notice any issues with Endzone when I was running it for about 2 years.

Why did you stop?

Maybe I'm wrong, and it the Magic Wand stuff again..

I hate rinses..

Reactions: SamIam

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I stopped at that time because I got a load of Cobb's acid rinse and started using that.

Which reminds me, I should use up the leftover Endzones..

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I was wrenching on the truck yesterday and noticed lots of white build up on some fittings. I credited it to the fact that the Kinetico softner has been on the fritz latley.

I'd think it could also be mineral(maybe calcium?) build up from a small leak. I know It's on mine. Not necessarily product issue.

I've switched to the crystal rinse from MW. Works well and supposedly should be better for the machine.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Havent had a problem yet but we do switch back/forth from endzone to acid rinse.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes i'm aware but it has that encap stuff mixed in.

Right now we have a ton of salt residue combined with whatever people used during winter themselves.
So some jobs we like the full blast acid rinse.

Have had some bad experiences with salt residue and encap products.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Curious what's wrong with the kinetico. One of the simp,est designs out there. I don't acid rinse anymore but it always left my brass very clean.

Gene

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Have not heard of any problems with EndZONE except for some of the encap polymer occasionally showing up somewhere other than the carpet.

White residue could be salt or mineral build-up. Non-encap acid rinse should take care of either of those possibilities.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah, you're most likely right Scott.

I'm going to try another acid rinse for a while.

I had a nice long talk with BP's Tom Forsythe today about an exciting, revolutionary new product he wants me to test...
Very cool.

Stay tuned.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I saw somewhere that extended use of Endzone can cause this issue. ( damage to QC check valves) My question is, normally the process is to use an acid to descale, so should I do the opposite and run some ammonia through the system?

I'd say check the Kinetico, Mike. Could need rebedded. My Kinetico was tiring out towards the end of my Genesis run. White buildup on the fittings, but only on every other tank charge. My new Thermalwave with BL softener is running fine with no build up, and even using acid rinse, Fab Set.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
I've had that same problem, I'll be trying fabset as a final straw. Then going to just pure softened water thru chelation process if that doesn't work.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Clearwater rinse from HM, some nasty smelling crap from nuline, Prochem all fiber rinse, fab set, blazin blue, O2, crystal rinse, and formula 90 are just to name a few.. End zone works the best. Although I think the 570 cooks the encap right out of it. Alkaline one step can work, just not my preference. The acid/ encap infused are great for entry level units or portys. So the acid or softened water just might be best for this level.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wish I were able to peer into the minds of you guys and determine what the REAL reasons are that make you choose the products you say "work better". Because a clean carpet is a clean carpet no matter which product produces it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Someday some genius will create a prespray that removes everything from every fiber with little dwell time and no need for agitation. It will work in cold water and be a pH of 7.

Most likely the day after Marty retires.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Why did you stop?

I hate rinses..
I use the magic potion from magic wand and it's the 8 lbs super concentrated two scoops 6 0z. in a 5 gal pre mix I was at a job and used 3 scoops or 9 oz and half way thru the job the water stopped spraying opened up the outbound filter and all my screens on my wands were blocked with white crap. maybe one scoop 3 oz tops but ya this stuff makes a mess if not careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
the best stuff I've ever used on my machine and out bound filters rinse wise was liquid formual 90, liquid slurry leaves crap adn I think cobbs citrus powder rinse does to.

the liquid 90 would leave the screens so clean. never any blockage at 920 to 1 concentrate you can use 8 oz get a decent rinse in a 5 gal pre mix.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think its the anti resoil agent in products like magic potion and effecient extract that create the problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom