Engine question

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a 23 hp B&S with a 45 blower. I run 2inch hose to the wand with great suction. When I do uph with a 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch hose, I notice my engine does sound more stressed with it than without. Just to clarify, its a slight effect and when I take it off not sure if it gets ahead of itself.

Is this normal with this size engine and blower?

Thanks

Scott Rogers

check your relief valve. make sure it is opening at the lift you have it set at. usually around 15. clean and lube it.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, With the smaller hose, and the restricted amount of air flow coming though the upholstery tool, unless your relief valve is set properly it will bog the engine.

Greenie

You "could" mess with your vacuum relief on machine. But I would deal with the issue more specifically.

If the problem only occurs on your smaller tools, then put a vac relief son your whip hose that you use with that tool, even a cheap vinyl cuff with a 1/4" hole drilled into it will work, you just need teh ability to pull some more air that your smaller hose/tool is not allowing.

Or buy one of them fancy thumb slide inline vacuum reliefs if the hole is too redneck.

John Watson

When Helen and I do uph with our shaft drive and reduce down to 1 1/2 we cut our pressure back to 3-350 from 750 and run the unit on low RPM at 1000. seems to work for us..

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I'm not the one who has the loss of power problem, I cut my rpm's down when doing upholstery & stairs and don't have a bit of trouble...

Maybe a vac relief problem for some, IDK?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom