Epoxy Garage Floor Coatings?

T

Tony Reyes

I have been looking into starting a Garage floor coating business for a while. Does anyone here do this? No one in my area is offering it. Any thoughts, tips advice Thanks.

Anthony Reyes
Healthy Home Carpet Cleaning

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Tony Reyes said:
I have been looking into starting a Garage floor coating business for a while. Does anyone here do this? No one in my area is offering it. Any thoughts, tips advice Thanks.
May I suggest you get your feet wet first (literally) by offering "garage floor renovation" as an additional service, Tony? Here are the details on how to do it:

http://sfs.jondon.com/1829/resources/sp ... -that-sell

Be sure to watch the short video.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS The secret to making big money on this as an up-sell is you ONLY offer to do "all the open areas". (You don't want to be moving all their junk."

Jamesh921

Name
James
I've done a couple garage floor coatings. They're time consuming and the product I used mandated a 24 hours waiting period between etching and coating. Which means it turns into a 2 day job.

That's fine, as long as you price it properly.

I believe we charged around $2,500.00 for a 2 car garage. That included the materials which I believe were around $500.00. Plus, we coated 16 inches up the concrete wall as well.

We DID have to move all their junk, but it was still a highly profitable job.

It's easy work, just a little time consuming. And, it's really nice to do something different for a change.

Good Luck.

steve r

Ron Werner said:
what was the name of that garage floor covering busn that was being hyped about a year ago?
i cant remember his name but he was from iowa i believe. i remember him also.

the only way i see this being a business venture is if you get in with a builder where you have steady work. i just dont see enough work out there like carpet cleaning. thats one of the reasons i got into this.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
rhino truck lining is now doing garage floors. i saw a few and they looked as tough as the bed liner.

gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thats the company.

Need those extra tools to refinish the floor and level it before making the application. Unless you only offer it to people that have "nice" floors but want it "nicer".

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I think the key here is to view yourself as a cleaner/restorer of SURFACES, which of course include textiles such as carpets/ rugs/ upholstery. The whole concrete area offers a LOT of potential, especially in the commercial arena. (Think about those 100,000' plus warehouses!)

My guess is this is an expanding area with lots of potential.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Heck, one of my best friends in the carpet cleaning industry slid into doing "deck renovation" years ago as a sideline. Now this area has grown so much they do carpet cleaning as a sideline!

steve r

Steve Toburen said:
I think the key here is to view yourself as a cleaner/restorer of SURFACES, which of course include textiles such as carpets/ rugs/ upholstery. The whole concrete area offers a LOT of potential, especially in the commercial arena. (Think about those 100,000' plus warehouses!)

My guess is this is an expanding area with lots of potential.

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Heck, one of my best friends in the carpet cleaning industry slid into doing "deck renovation" years ago as a sideline. Now this area has grown so much they do carpet cleaning as a sideline!

for me i always felt that its best to do one thing and do it very good. but im a one man show so i dont have to keep fulltime employees busy.

i know some guys like tohave several businesses withother people doing the work and that may be good for them but im to much of a loner for that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom