Equipment purchase question

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Scenario.: building complex where most of the apartments and offices are not accessible with tm.

Obviously need some type of porty set up. So instead of trying to hack them out low moisture I think we are better off with a newer porty.

Place has a ton of polyester residential carpet. Most of them less then 3-4 years old. Horribly crushed and grey traffic lanes. So it needs some serious cleaning.

What would you buy? A porty- which one? Any of the porties can handle the hoss? (i think it would be a need on these crushed poly carpets)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It has to fit in a van that is loaded with tm, hosereels, Orbot etc etc. So an etm maybe too big.

Art? What exactly is your set up when you are not running your tm?

Willy? Are you able to run a rotary with your porties?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scenario.: building complex where most of the apartments and offices are not accessible with tm.

Place has a ton of polyester residential carpet. Most of them less then 3-4 years old. Horribly crushed and grey traffic lanes. So it needs some serious cleaning.

What would you buy? A porty- which one? Any of the porties can handle the hoss? (i think it would be a need on these crushed poly carpets)

High Pressure Pump System for the crushed pile.

Direct-mounted Hi-Airwatt 3-stage vac motors.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=149658839098b19e9b5a155cdd333e2a&keyword=breeze+84+or+speedster

Larry

Willy P

Name
Willy P
i don't find either the pumptec or the cat pump are able to produce enough pressure. With a 3 flow wand they drop around 75 to 100 PSI and with the multiple high flow jets on your rotary, well..... Look at Mytee's machine with the General pump. Mr. Cobb should be more than able to help you out. Gotta run - surgery in 3 hours.

Scott Rogers

the only issue i have running my M5 with my 8 flow 2" wand is no heat. I truly miss my boiler when I have to use the porty. But spray and suck at 50ft no issues, and the APO and Auto fill will keep up with a hoss.

That said i would rather pretreat scrub with CBM and wand rinse then use a hoss/porty combo. especially with little to no heat from the machine.

Name
Damon
I've called Legend twice to discuss both the carpet and tile machines.

Was given a good amount of info. They should be in full release this month and from what I learned they seemed like very practical machines.

So, apparently Jeff Brown was correct. There actually IS a Versaclean System.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Zee, I am sure you know all the answers yourself.

It depends on your set up, how many people in your crew, how much hassle are you willing to take to get more electrical juice, how may apartments will you be able to line up to be cleaned the same day. Etc.

• My personal view on portables: The more bells and whistles they have the more things could and will go wrong.

• Some of the three (3 stage motors) will produce enormous vacuum. My two (3 stage vacuums) produces great suction with a 50 feet 2" hose.

• Are you willing to move dryers or ovens to hook to the 220? You'll be able to get great heat. The heat will not be enough to sustain a true high flow wand or rotary (warmish water- I guess better than cold). Do you really need it to be that hot? If yes, do not use high flow and add a 175 to scrub. My experience, most places with pre-scrubbing and hottest tap water is more than adequate.

• I personally do not like the auto fill/dump. Never quite sure what kind of disaster may be brewing behind my back, particularly in a highrise situation where you can't leave it outside and a small flood can be a mega problem. If that is not an issue for you, it will certainly solve the machine size problem and the bucket brigade. Nice!

• The big machines with bigger water capacity will not fit into some vans. My Mytee M-5 will not fit into my Ford Econoline 250; the Mytee 1003-DX does. Without auto fill/dump cleaning at 300-350 psi- constant bucket brigade. Two people crew not a huge issue, still a hassle.

I have the Mytee 1003-DX and the M-5. A 2" opening a must. 500 psi pump, no heat. I use the same wand as with the van Titanium 10 flow at about 300 psi. Works for me. Sometime I'll use the green horn set at a 6 flow. It will maintain better heat at that flow. However I do very little truly trashed carpets and I do not do high volume portable work.
Mytee machines are good with a few annoying little savings on hardware (silly, as with a few more little improvements in parts for very little money that every cleaner will be happy to pay) it could be a truly outstanding machine. Other companies I am sure make great machines as well.

Last edited:

Scott Rogers

• The big machines with bigger water capacity will not fit into some vans. My Mytee M-5 will not fit into my Ford Econoline 250; the Mytee 1003-DX does. Without auto fill/dump with 300-350 psi- constant bucket brigade. Two people crew not a huge issue, still a hassle.

Why is it you can not fit the M5 in your van? Mine fits easily in my E250. maybe you have wasted space do to the way your TM is installed?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
i don't find either the pumptec or the cat pump are able to produce enough pressure. With a 3 flow wand they drop around 75 to 100 PSI and with the multiple high flow jets on your rotary, well..... Look at Mytee's machine with the General pump. Mr. Cobb should be more than able to help you out.

The LTD5 has the General Pump with 2.2 GPM flow.

The Cat pump system on the Speedster 1005 has 1.5 GPM flow.

Larry

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Just got back from my operation. If you want heat, try this

http://www.kleenritemfg.com/products/heatrite/ go withe higher watt -3250 and don't fear the bucket heater submersed to boost tap water, but watch out as too high will cook your pump.

Choke your flow down a bit to maintain temp and impact. You'll thank me for that later.

demerol time :neutral:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mine is a 2002 Econoline- the M-5 will not fit. Not enough space between deck and door jam (has nothing to do with van arrangement). I have the CDS that takes the least amount of space, but that unfortunately, will not change the laws of physics. :winky:
I could lay it down, but since many times I or my employee work by ourselves, that will guarantee a chiropractor visit each time.

Scott Rogers

Mine is a 2002 Econoline- the M-5 will not fit. Not enough space between deck and door jam (has nothing to do with van arrangement). I have the CDS that takes the least amount of space, but that unfortunately, will not change the laws of physics. :winky:
I could lay it down, but since many times I or my employee work by ourselves, that will guarantee a chiropractor visit each time.

Our M5's must be different then. it fits fine in my 1999 and 2012 E250s

now I do put mine in the side door not the back maybe the rear door is lower then the side door? I never checked that. My TM is in the back so porty has to go into the side

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom