Equivalent performance?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If you single wand only, a 47 with no restrictions will give you more than your wand can handle. Mine has a half inch restriction at the blower exchanger, I run it between 2800-2900rpms, 50' of 2" and 50-100' of 2.5" hose and am very happy with the results. Just my opinion.

Rex Tyus

Fred I have always wanted to see one of those 2000 WM up close. But I would guess unless they have TWO clutches they are way under driven. As already stated a properly plumbed 47 should smoke two under driven 45's.

HOWEVER, I have not seen the 2000 so I am speculating. Does it have two clutches and at what rpm's are you spinning those BLOWERS?

Rex Tyus

I have gone brain dead at the moment. You gotta figure the engine flywheel, the clutch diameter and the blower pully. There is a formula and even an online source I just can't remember it. Maybe Greenie will see this. Or Someone else that hasn't been hit in the head as many times as me. :oops: I am having a senior moment at 40 years old.

Farenheit251

I think it is the a/c clutch that is your limiting factor. I don't think you can get more than the equivalent of a 25 hp machine from it regardless of the blower(s).

Greenie

Brian and Rex are correct, there is a limit of speed and power transfer to work from.

That said, even 2 blowers running at 70% provide a lot of suck when ran in true parallel configuration, lets say you are getting 225 cfm from each blower at 15"hg, 450 cfm is pretty impressive, it would take a 47 or a T-408 to be screaming to make the same cfm at that lift.

So I'm gonna say, get at least a well plumbed and properly driven T-408 or 47 if you don't want to give up any vacuum.

Now....that said, if you aren't running 2.5" hose, or 4 to the door, than half of what i just said is moot, you may feel the vacuum is impressive and indeed it may be, but a single 2" hose for 150' is only gonna yield so much suck regardless of two blowers or a single larger blower.

Farenheit251

I looked into opening the wand orifice a few years ago. All the water clings to the perimeter while the lighter air moves through the middle. Opening up won't increase the permeter but a hole glide will create more edges. Narrower orifices work better and wider will make the wand difficult to push.

I am also trying to decide on blower size for my next machine. I run a fully pimped 2545 with 100 feet of 2.5 hose. Today I used a low foaming prespray(prekleen) and no emulsifier and was having to stop each room to rest 20-30 seconds in a vacant rental. I can't see the need for larger than a 56 blower on a single wand machine if it is plumbed right. With a 56 you can still use an inexpensive air cooled Kohler or Briggs but once you go to a 59 the cost,weight and size really takes a jump.

Greenie

Whoa...where did all this 56 blower talk come from?

You are using a single 2" wand right?

Ain't no wayin hell you are craming more than 275cfm through that wand, so you might as well hook a second hose up to your vacuum relief valve, cause that is where the other 275 cfm will be.

If you actually saw and felt what a 47 blower or T-408 made for vacuum at 16"hg, you wouldn't be looking any further, and even to consider that BIG of a blower a guy would have to be running 2.5" hose as far down the line as possible to try and make use of some of that additional CFM.

The only reason I would ever run a #5 frame blower, is if I wanted to run it Quieter, ie: run it at 60-70% to keep the noise down.

A 30hp and 47 is a wicked machine if plumbed properly, and I still say a 45 is more than most "need", I just have too many guys getting 1 hr. dry times with 45s and proper setup to tell a guy to spend more money on bigger stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom