Ergo handle issue

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
With my recent dealings about the Prochem Ergo Titanium I came to realize a few things.

The wand was too short for me. I have an extended Greenhorn so I'm used to having a long tube.

Since the Ergo Ti didn't work our for me, I figured why not make my Greenhorn an ergo handled wand..?

Great Idea right? Yes I thought so too, until I found out how much the Prochem Ergo handle cost :shock: :shock: Only the bottom (left hand) handle with the large bend will run after taxes etc- over $300.00

That's not including the upper trigger/gun style!
(The Gun style upper handle I was thinking to try to buy the one that is for the Bentley is only $39.00!)

I contacted multiple Prochem dealers to get the price (including Olson's- Lora was nice enough to send me the price).

I am also looking to invest in an Apex in the future but now I'm rethinking this......: is this what happens if I deal with Prochem parts? Pretty pricey in my opinion.

I guess you Ergo Ti owners better make sure your wand never falls over (or gets something dropped on it) Or that big handle will cost you as much as another simpler wand. (and no I don't normally lean my wand against the walls either but its inevitable that it will happen)

I'm still thinking of making my Greenhorn an Ergo wand because my back is worth more than 300 bucks but man I couldnt believe the prices when I got the call backs..

I know some of you will say its a lot because its Titanium but it could be made of cheaper pipe too that wont mess up the weight of the wand.

K P

My "push" handle is all the way up my wand as far as it can go(right below the bend)this may stop the Quasi Modo affect.As far as a gun trigger on top,a welder can make you the mounts for that Greenhorn.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Zee;

Mytee does offer the best value on their Bentley wands and parts.

For $39, you should just try the 2" Bentley Gun kit.

Larry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
One thing to remember with a gun valve is that a short wand with a gun valve will perform like a longer wand with a conventual valve.

You can also stand up straighter because the support handle goes all the way up to the bend.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Zee give me a call... if I can try it and like the wand, I will buy it from U.
Also I just bought a holed half-ti from Joe Bristol for people over 6' for a my
new helper, you can try it if you like.
Luis

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Ya I know it's not cheap to alter or fabricate most if not all of our cleaning tools, and they sooooo need to be customized. I've chopped up, altered and changed more stuff then I care to add up. But what came out of it was several pieces that I can't do without. Gotta ask yourself what's it worth to you to have what you really want? Only you can answer that. How long are you in this business for and how much would these mods or changes in your tools effect your everyday job.

I've done a few that change work for me dramatically. for instance I just modified a small portable extractor for upholstery down to 72 decibels without hurting the components or chopping up the machine. From 88 db to 72 db. I would have paid someone in town to fabricate some of the changes because noise level for me was and is critical. Took me 5 hours in the shop. I would have spent 5 days. It's worth it for me to have what I want.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Zee said:
With my recent dealings about the Prochem Ergo Titanium I came to realize a few things.

The wand was too short for me. I have an extended Greenhorn so I'm used to having a long tube.

Since the Ergo Ti didn't work our for me, I figured why not make my Greenhorn an ergo handled wand..?

Great Idea right? Yes I thought so too, until I found out how much the Prochem Ergo handle cost :shock: :shock: Only the bottom (left hand) handle with the large bend will run after taxes etc- over $300.00

That's not including the upper trigger/gun style!
(The Gun style upper handle I was thinking to try to buy the one that is for the Bentley is only $39.00!)

I contacted multiple Prochem dealers to get the price (including Olson's- Lora was nice enough to send me the price).

I am also looking to invest in an Apex in the future but now I'm rethinking this......: is this what happens if I deal with Prochem parts? Pretty pricey in my opinion.

I guess you Ergo Ti owners better make sure your wand never falls over (or gets something dropped on it) Or that big handle will cost you as much as another simpler wand. (and no I don't normally lean my wand against the walls either but its inevitable that it will happen)

I'm still thinking of making my Greenhorn an Ergo wand because my back is worth more than 300 bucks but man I couldnt believe the prices when I got the call backs..

I know some of you will say its a lot because its Titanium but it could be made of cheaper pipe too that wont mess up the weight of the wand.

Prochem parts cost what they cost because they build them to last. I doubt they sell many if any of those handles. I know I have never heard of one breaking and needing replaced.

The guns are pricey but you can check them out and find them for about $10 less then the Prochem price. I know I buy them from a pressure washing supply and save about $10 but I haven't' sold any other then for the one that got run over. Now I have 4 in stock that I wonder if I will ever sell. :cry:

As for the Apex Buy it and don't look back. The Apex is a rock sold machine. The Kubota engine is tried and true and hasn't been changed in years, it will be changing next year though as the EPA regs will have it going efi, but right now it is still the same, so id buy one right now and get grandfathered in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom