Esteam carpet cleaning chemicals

theden

Anyone using Esteam Suspend or Esteam Performance CBS. I've heard these are really good products but have not used them yet.

Reactions: starfiber

Rex Tyus

CBS is hands down the most effective and versatile extraction emulsifier I have ever used. Suspend is as good as a moderate ph prespray can be. They have a nother liquid prespray called premax. I like it even better. But Lyman is correct the liquids are Pricey. The CBS is a high end product as well but it is really good.

Opinions will always vary, but I really can't imagine why anyone that has used it would call it garbage. if I had a distributor locally I would certaily use more Esteem than i do now. The shipping from MI is a killer for me. Anyone close enough and wants to use Esteem should consider Nutech. They are good people to deal with. http://www.nutechonline.com/

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I live in Esteam land- it's a division of Cleanco, Fibreclean etc. Very expensive and grossly underwhelming.( Don't hit me Rex)
Try www.ultrachemlabs.com and see if you have a distributor in your area.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had several containers of their products when I bought my cleanco.

I found them on a par with the better products out there like Prochem and Hydramaster.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man, what's up with the varied results?

Since jImMy is my idol, and the most professional part-time cleaner I know, I choose to believe him for now.

Waldo is on the other end of the part-time spectrum, and I am looking forward to see what his recommendation is.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
C Pennington said:
Walrus said:
I had several containers of their products when I bought my cleanco.

I found them on a par with the better products out there like Prochem and Hydramaster.

Agreed very good products.

I tried them I like them Don't think they work quite as good as Hydramaster products on really greasy resturants though But, overall good products.

randy

Name
Randy
Speaking of Esteam, some supplier called Cosway supply has a Blue ninja 2 stage vac/ 500 psi on Ebay for over $4,ooo .
What makes the thing worth that ? Nothing !

Bob Foster

Seems like a very high price but he is a good distributor. Maybe check around on the price. Fibreclean is a chain retail supply houses that I believe is owned by Esteam Canada who are the exclusive importer of Ninjas to Canada that the other dealers in Canada buy from. They usually have an aggressive price selling price. Then take that price back to Cosway and see what he will do.

http://www.fibreclean.com/fibredeals.php

Ted is also a good guy to deal with at Kleenquip
http://www.kleenkuip.com/portables/esteam_ninja.htm

Personally I think the Mytee stuff is far superior and they also have better prices. Lots of Mytee distributors here on the board that would be glad to take care of you.

Reactions: Kenny Cosway

Mr.V

Suspend is o.k.

CBS is great

Esteem "attack" works great on the nasties

CleanEvo

Willy P said:
I live in Esteam land- it's a division of Cleanco, Fibreclean etc. Very expensive and grossly underwhelming.( Don't hit me Rex)
Try http://www.ultrachemlabs.com and see if you have a distributor in your area.

Most of the esteam products I've used have been quite good.

Willy... what do you use from ultrachemlabs? I've used their floor finishes (excellent) but never their carpet chems.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
CleanEvolve said:
Willy P said:
Try http://www.ultrachemlabs.com and see if you have a distributor in your area.

Willy... what do you use from ultrachemlabs? I've used their floor finishes (excellent) but never their carpet chems.

The Clean prespray is the bomb- takes out rust, blood, grease and all kinds of nasty crap. The Extract powder is really good too. I agree with you on the floor finishes.

Mr.V

the ultrachem "neutralizer" works great as a booster in prespray but as Willy knows I like using it in the rinse.....leaves carpet nice and fluffy

if mixed properly it will take out browning also

Clean also works great on upholstery as well

Rawb

randy said:
Speaking of Esteam, some supplier called Cosway supply has a Blue ninja 2 stage vac/ 500 psi on Ebay for over $4,ooo .
What makes the thing worth that ? Nothing !

Definitely an inflated price for that particular model. You can buy one brand new for less than that.

Rawb

Willy P said:
CleanEvolve said:
http://www.ultrachemlabs.com[/url] and see if you have a distributor in your area.

The Clean prespray is the bomb- takes out rust, blood, grease and all kinds of nasty crap. The Extract powder is really good too. I agree with you on the floor finishes.[/quote:dyzkxsur]

I agree with you about the Clean pre-spray. I used it when I worked for a company before. I quickly adopted it once I started my own company. I like to keep a variety of products on hand. I use Pro-Chem, Esteam and the Clean from Ultra Chem Labs. A lot of the companies I've worked for in the past use Esteam for the most part. Pro-Chem is another.

leesenter

Esteam's Attack seems to be taking over from Prekleen as the number 1 enzyme prespray in Canada.

As for Ultrachem's Clean-- what is the pH of the product? I believe its around 12. I'd have to check. It is not very compatible with oxidizers at all. I have made significant money spot dyeing damage caused by Clean. Be forewarned.

And incidentally, I would not trust the MSDS you get on the product. Several times I have seen the MSDS provided to the end user be the incorrect one!!!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
leesenter said:
Esteam's Attack seems to be taking over from Prekleen as the number 1 enzyme prespray in Canada.

As for Ultrachem's Clean-- what is the pH of the product? I believe its around 12. I'd have to check. It is not very compatible with oxidizers at all. I have made significant money spot dyeing damage caused by Clean. Be forewarned.

And incidentally, I would not trust the MSDS you get on the product. Several times I have seen the MSDS provided to the end user be the incorrect one!!!

Lee, do ever come to Calgary? If you do give me or Rick Thode a call and we will take you for lunch. Rick speaks highly of you.

leesenter

Last month I had dinner with Rick in Edmonton I ordered everything on the menu and he picked up the cheque. It is my turn this time. I have a private class tentatively scheduled for July in Calgary, I'll let you know.

Mr.V

the ph of Clean is 8 I believe

and no it doesnt mix well with oxidizers,,,,,but you don't need them,,,,if you wanna brighten up the carpet use the "extract"

and yes be careful when using h2o2 as well

but I've used the stuff for years and yet to bleach anything out or cause color loss,,,,,Ultrachem is truly made to be used as directed IMO

leesenter

Try again Andy.
According to their MSDS the pH is 11.5 at a 1% dilution.
Basically you void any warranty you clean the stuff with.
Check for yourself.

Rawb

leesenter said:
Try again Andy.
According to their MSDS the pH is 11.5 at a 1% dilution.
Basically you void any warranty you clean the stuff with.
Check for yourself.

LOL...the sales rep told me the PH was 9. something. It looks like he was wrong.

11.5 is a pretty aggressive cleaner.

So far, I haven't had any issues with using it and I like the mild scent. It has a very pleasant smell.

Rawb

Bill Soukoreff said:
leesenter said:

Lee, do ever come to Calgary? If you do give me or Rick Thode a call and we will take you for lunch. Rick speaks highly of you.

Hi Bill,

I just clicked on your link and I just wanted to say that it's good to see another carpet cleaning company dedicated to doing the best job possible and not doing business by ripping people off with upselling etc. I worked for one particular company that charged people extra for the pre-spray! If they didn't pay, they got their carpets rinsed. I never complied with their policy and quickly moved on to other work.

We carpet cleaners do good honest work and it's a shame to the industry when the bad companies purposely take advantage of people and do shoddy workmanship.

DaveMann

Name
Dave Mann
Yes. I use Suspend and Performance CBS. I found that Suspend works amazingly well in almost all carpet situations if you put a scoop of Esteam's "Utlra Oxy" in the mix. Suspend has a pleasing mint smell to it that is an added bonus. Performance CBS works as good if not better than the other Alkalai rinses and it has softeners in it to help with fiber softening when it drys. I use CBS when I have a really filthy carpet to clean. But ordinarily, I usually use Fiber Rinse as the rinse so it neutralizes and leaves the carpet fiber ready for protector. I buy them at www.SpifcoSupply.com Use the code "shipfree" to get $25 of free shipping. I can't recommend the Suspend/Ultra Oxy blend enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom