ESWT: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any cleaner here (of the 1000's that are registered) ever have this procedure done to any body part? It is known for non-invasive kidney stone treatment. I have a chance to have it done on my heel spur (plantar fasciitis) in a Dr's office for $500. It is usually $800 or more a foot, not covered by insurance....at least mine. My foot Dr is having this machine brought to his office for a demo, and if you schedule a treatment that day, it is $500. There is no recovery time (maybe a few hours), unlike invasive surgery. My heel spur is causing other leg problems, like cramping, because I favor that foot. I gotta get it corrected. It's a bitch trying to clean carpet with a sore heel.

They say it's very effective, but like a drunkin' carpet cleaning salesman trying to sell Scotchgard, I'm not too sure of the outcome.

Anybody here try it yet??

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I vote for letting him practice on others and paying the extra $300 when he gets good at it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The Great Oz said:
I vote for letting him practice on others and paying the extra $300 when he gets good at it.

Actually, the Dr doing the procedure goes from office to office with his equipment (like mobile xrays), since it's expensive, and most Drs are not going to buy the equipment unless there is a call for it.

I guess nobdy here has had it done? I figured with alot of the oldtimers around here on the boards, somebody has had it done or knows somebody?

It works on kidney stones......hopefully it will work on heel spurs.

Name
Danny Strickland
Hoody needs to let him use it on his nut's, Amanda's daddy can be the assistant Dr who holds him down during the procedure!!!! :shock:

:mrgreen:

T

The Magician

Heard its works on kidney stones but don't know about your foot. Good luck

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have same issue, and like you insurance won't pay. I have had problem for a long
time and it's a bitch. He talked to me about the same treatment cost like 300.
per treatment and said it would take 3 times. Good luck let me know if it works.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I remember Jack having a sImAlar ..procedure.. :shock:

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUmINGae444]

He seems to be HaPPy with HIS result's... !gotcha!

142041fu2c5klj9.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My nieces Hubby is a Dr, and he says he doesn't see how it would really disolve a heel spur, considering it's make up. Something in the heel is causing the spur to grow, like some irratation. He says it may help for a short amount of time, but that it would probably regrow.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
HARPER said:
I remember Jack having a sImAlar ..procedure.. :shock:

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUmINGae447]

He seems to be HaPPy with HIS result's... !gotcha!

142041fu2c5klj9.jpg

Joe....that's about how I feel some days when that bugger gets to acting up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom