Even more heat?

Those with a big truck, would you like even more heat?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I have plenty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Those of you with big trucks. Would you like to even have more heat?

We dual wand all the time and I think a little more heat when we clean a big empty ( where we are moving very fast) would be nice.

We also run dual 9 flow wands and would like to go to 12s. But I think dual 12s will drop our heat to 205-210 on an empty.

What do you think?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't know if this applies but I only single wand and I run my temp around 210 to 220

I really don't see a need to go any higher.. and even that is border line...

My chemicals vaporize, my hose is to hot to be picking up....

I am running the 9 flow on my wand
I think Mike runs 12 and he dual wands.............

G

I never thought I would say this but I am finally completely happy with my machine. Heat and Vac. That may change in the future but now I can just focus on profit!

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Dave, do you dual wand much?
Everybody knows the AT is a flame thrower!! Have you ever ran 12 flow? I wonder how it would do with 2 wands running 12s.
John's HX and I are working on some mods to increase the heat.

I may be a heat junky, but I would like to dual wand with 12s at 500 psi at 260 constant.

G

Adam,

The first 6 months of last year I had a helper and dueled a lot. I run 09 flow and had plenty of heat. I did not hook up a lie detector but can tell you for me it was screaming hot.

I am not comparing it to a Vortex. I don't care if it is hotter or the Vortex is hotter. It just matters that it is hot enough for my needs.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I wasn't comparing it either. I didn't mean it to come out like that. The AT does run hotter, that is a fact.
I was just wondering if you had ever ran those super high flow rates?

Mikey P

Administrator
I have two 012 wands running all the time.
We get 210 to 210 ATM no problem.
I would like 240 ATM.
With one wand we get 240 no problem.

With an 06 it is too hot.

JoeP

Used to run 190 to 210 with my old butler and 220 to 230 with my steamaction all single wand when i hooked up 2 wands temp droped off on both units i now run a L.P fired tm and clean with 280 no matter if i am single wanding or duel wanding heat a great tool.

Greenie

Of course you would want more heat potential, not necessarily to always run super high heat, but so that you could transfer that erergy potential to heated flow.
With the combination of high flow energy, and high heat energy, you are transferring way more cleaning potential to the fiber.

If you have the ability to achieve 250+ and you are not running 09 or better flow per wand, you are paying to heat water for nothing.

I know Rich Michinak used to send out his wands with a pair of 02 jets, had some theory of vapor steam, then I sent Rich a wand to try out, never heard much back except his son loved the wand, and swore he would out clean anyone else head to head. He was just discovering what high flow could do.

when you flow higher amounts of water through the jets, you need half to look at the GPM of your pump to see if your machine could support the larger flow rate

Greenie

Everyone should do a bucket test, to see what their jetting actually puts out at the psi they generally clean at. Hold the trigger for 120 seconds, and divide by half for a good test.

If you end up flowing 2.0 gpm, there should be no problem with any pump, as you will never actually have a 100% duty cycle.

At some point, your jets can only be so large, you wills tart to hit the wall on the wand plumbing, many wands have very small areas like the valve guts or sol. line.

Back
Top Bottom