Even though I hated the Zipper and sold it last year...I bought another one

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I used the new one for the first time today, and I can honestly say, I’m loving this one.

It’s a different setup from the last one. First, the reason I considered buying this again:

-My right shoulder is telling me I need to rest it. Even when I use my left shoulder to compensate for my right, it feels stressed. So I had to do something, and I ALMOST have enough cash flow to hire a full time tech. So I’m still the pilot until the Now Hiring sign turns on

Back to the new Zipper. The glide is different. It’s the slotted glide vs the little hole glide on the last one. And I didnt get the tall boy handle this time, which I feel is easier to maneuver. Also, I think I had the trigger on the wrong side last time, which made it feel awkward on my first zipper.

Is it faster than a normal wand? I can’t tell a difference yet, but the important part is my shoulder wasn’t feeling any pain or fatigue after a 4hr job today.

The pain I had I’m sure several of you Veterans in this business can relate to. It centered in the center of my shoulder and went down my tricep and into my chest. Even if it was no difference than my last zipper, I had to give my upper body a rest.

Anyway, once again, I humbled my stubbornness and trusted you old carpet geeks.

Thanks again @Erik for working with me on it

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used the new one for the first time today, and I can honestly say, I’m loving this one.

It’s a different setup from the last one. First, the reason I considered buying this again:

-My right shoulder is telling me I need to rest it. Even when I use my left shoulder to compensate for my right, it feels stressed. So I had to do something, and I ALMOST have enough cash flow to hire a full time tech. So I’m still the pilot until the Now Hiring sign turns on

Back to the new Zipper. The glide is different. It’s the slotted glide vs the little hole glide on the last one. And I didnt get the tall boy handle this time, which I feel is easier to maneuver. Also, I think I had the trigger on the wrong side last time, which made it feel awkward on my first zipper.

Is it faster than a normal wand? I can’t tell a difference yet, but the important part is my shoulder wasn’t feeling any pain or fatigue after a 4hr job today.

The pain I had I’m sure several of you Veterans in this business can relate to. It centered in the center of my shoulder and went down my tricep and into my chest. Even if it was no difference than my last zipper, I had to give my upper body a rest.

Anyway, once again, I humbled my stubbornness and trusted you old carpet geeks.

Thanks again @Erik for working with me on it
You will really love the Zipper when you have a helper managing your hose. Makes it a lot easier to do long runs with it. My go to tool when I am doing commercial. Haven't used it much in residential, except on some berber jobs where it extracts better than any other tool I've used.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
Let's hear some of your stories of your stubbornness in your younger years. I've been seeing you sitting on the sidelines lately, not saying much. You were probably one hardheaded rug sucker when you were in your 30's
I shampooed for the 1st 2 years, bonnetted the next two.

On a restaurant job my oldest son Jeremy, about 2, was my "runner" bringing me rinsed bonnets and taking the dirty ones back to the kitchen where his mom was rinsing them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Is that Joel Osteen's multi religion church? Jews at 8, Jwittts at 9 and muslims at 10? But no catholics as that is a dying religion......too many pervs.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mega church........mega money from all the IDIOTS who go to it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I remember the feeling. I had about 6500sq ft already cleaned and I only had about 2000 more, AND THEN..... a stinging feeling covered my entire right shoulder. F*%#!!!! I told myself.

Right then, I thought: “Damnit!🤬, I need to order another Zipper! How the heck am I gonna get used to that thing?!”

I called Erik, and told him my concerns with the last one. And now, I won’t be dreading that next Mega Church job

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I remember the feeling. I had about 6500sq ft already cleaned and I only had about 2000 more, AND THEN..... a stinging feeling covered my entire right shoulder. F*%#!!!! I told myself.

Right then, I thought: “Damnit!🤬, I need to order another Zipper! How the heck am I gonna get used to that thing?!”

I called Erik, and told him my concerns with the last one. And now, I won’t be dreading that next Mega Church job
Lower the handle and use your body to push forward. Your arms and shoulders just control it. Like using a law mower. the

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Lower the handle and use your body to push forward. Your arms and shoulders just control it. Like using a law mower. the
That job was just too big for one guy to do it with just a wand. My helper wasn’t able to help me that day so we could switch off.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That job was just too big for one guy to do it with just a wand. My helper wasn’t able to help me that day so we could switch off.
I’ve been using my Zipper SS more and more. Been skipping the dry passes and the job time has gone down considerably. Using air movers and the 870 seem to be giving me good results. I’m enjoying the tool so much more now than my first go around with my other Zipper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom