Ever been asked to help load a moving truck?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Went to a house to clean 2 rooms of carpet then this old man pops a question.

How much do you make per hour? I tell him we try to average around $100.00 per working hour.

Can I hire you and as many people as you can bring for Tuesday afternoon? Let me call and check!

I will pay your $100.00 per hour per every man you can bring! So I tell hime you have a deal.

I then ask what do you want us to do? The guy replies me and my wife just moved here from Arizona and we dont like it! We are now moving to Florida and if you and your guys can come over Tueday and load this truck for me I will pay $100.00 per hour for each guy you bring over.

I then told him for $100.00 per hour per man I will drive to Florida and unload the truck also. He said no thanks the carpet cleaners that cleaned our new house down their are coming over on Friday to unload the truck.

Carpet cleaners / Movers I didnt know this went together.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Re: Ever deal with this?

That's funny as hell. He's seen you work and trusts you with his stuff. I'd go for it, why not.

Albert

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell

Got done with the job. 1 1/4 hours Plus he got us all lunch. I'm shutting down and getting into the moving business.

Able 1

Name
Keith

I worked for a moving company while in high school, the job sucked!

Storage is where it's at!

Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

It has happened to me a few times and worth the money...but not as an ongoing thing.

I think that most ccers are in a good shape...bigger guys so they just look like they can load a truck.
Beats signing a contract with a mover or trusting the neighborhood thugs to load it.

Greenie

man, that is funny as hell.

new rule, 2 hour minimum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom