ever clean with a foot cast on?

Mikey P

Administrator
My left foot isn't healing on its own so my podiatrist is wanting to put a walking cast on for a month..

I think with a helper I could be of some use...

Yes, motorcycles are dangerous.

Mike Draper

I still walk like I have a damn foot cast on. Sucks ass working on it all day. Gonna have to have my foot fused in the next year. Be careful with your feet.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
I've cleaned from a wheelchair.

Late 2003 after I broke my leg, and subsequent surgeries. Kids were out of town, different directions.

A good customer, huge skating rink needed carpets on walls cleaned for a TV commercial shoot, short notice.

My niece Lottie, and her husband Tommy knew nothing but volunteered to help. I rolled around directing hoses prespray, and setup. Started the machine and gave them the 5 minute tour.

We did it!

Name
Lee Stockwell
It came too close to ending my work career. Don't be so d... perfect that you think you are the only one that can do it. Tends to run off those who could help most.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Just with the luxury of hindsight I can see how stupid it is to get into that situation.

Because I went from over 10 employees in 1986 to bare bones, and felt so relieved I thought I could carry on like that forever. Just the boys and I and usually two trucks.

I should have been planning for more contingencies. Justin wanted me off the truck and such. Silly boy.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
image.jpg
This is from @ 3.5 years ago. I took a low speed spill on my Honda Shadow 750. Plate and 9 screws.

I was pretty new to riding a motorcycle so I think that had a lot to do with it.

I couldn't work for 3 months. I STILL can't believe we made it through. I had awesome benefits at the full time job I had.

The leg is still not quite right but I'm really thankful it wasn't my head and am still able to take care of my fam.

I sold the bike and will wait for the boys to be self sufficient before I get another. Maybe a big one that Mel and I could take road trips on ?!?!

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Wow. Russ, I am glad you made it through all that!

Mikey, you'll be alright even with a cast on. Your post brought back memories from the mid 80's. We had a Gentleman come in from LA area to pick up a machine (CA-Jaguar 4000) . He only had ONE arm! He showed us how he cleaned using the wand. He did a great job, and, he even showed us how to roll up the hoses!!!

People will get through even with such limitations.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My left foot isn't healing on its own so my podiatrist is wanting to put a walking cast on for a month..

I think with a helper I could be of some use...

Yes, motorcycles are dangerous.
Just get it done so its over with an maybe healed better. I wouldn't work, well don't clean any way. Slippery surfaces and compromised mobility don't sound like a good mix. It could get you in a worse situation. :eekk:

Take the time to do some QC calls, estimates, stop in and visit where the boys are cleaning and socialize with your clients but take it easy on the foot.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Please let us know if you take a tumble or fall off of anything while working with that cast on.

Some of the readers here might like to hear that and it could be good for the board and and all, just saying.;)

Reactions: Mike Draper

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
View attachment 984 This is from @ 3.5 years ago. I took a low speed spill on my Honda Shadow 750. Plate and 9 screws.

I was pretty new to riding a motorcycle so I think that had a lot to do with it.

I couldn't work for 3 months. I STILL can't believe we made it through. I had awesome benefits at the full time job I had.

The leg is still not quite right but I'm really thankful it wasn't my head and am still able to take care of my fam.

I sold the bike and will wait for the boys to be self sufficient before I get another. Maybe a big one that Mel and I could take road trips on ?!?!
Yep- That's what my leg looked like when I broke my leg and dislocated my ankle. My foot was a whole lot more swollen (and less hairy,lol) I had to do supervise a few jobs the first week with my son, that had to be done. I was off from Memorial Day til July 4th. Doctor was amazed how fast I heal. Coulda went back after 4 weeks. After that I figured I better get a bigger bike and then an even bigger one.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My motorcycle accident probably was about like your lawnmower accident Lee.

5-10 mph RIGHT outside my house...the last corner. I had a lot on my mind that morning. Put the ball of my right foot on the pavement, no idea why...wasn't racing super cross! leg was pinned between the gas tank and the pavement. Spiral fracture of Tibia AND Fibula. I laid on the pavement and WAILED until the po po and ambulance came.

I begged the EMT in the Ambulance to pump me full of some kind of drug that would make the pain stop. They couldn't give me anything until I got to the hospital. THEY fixed me up!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
WIMP !!!!!

6 months in hospital & 5 ops; with a fractured tibea & crumbled knee, they wanted to amputate as they couldn't stop the MRSA (Golden Staph).

I spat the dummy & started treating it myself.

2 weeks later, they pulled the plate & 11 screws & kicked me out of hospital.

The day I stated back on crutches, my helper left, so I just carried on from there.

That was 19 years ago this month on Australia Day, 27th.

I no longer have my Virago 1100

:yoda:

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
View attachment 984 This is from @ 3.5 years ago. I took a low speed spill on my Honda Shadow 750. Plate and 9 screws.

Thats about how mine looked when I took my spill. Plates and screws in my right ankle and both sides of my left arm.

Mike I cleaned in a walking cast with a cast on my arm as well. I did have a helper so I didn't have to do that much. I was also back on a bike with the casts on :)

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom