Ever had these symptoms with your PSI (pump)???

breathe72

This is nuts.

Hydramaster Boxxer 427:

Prespraying a room today, suddenly the water pressure begins surging... going from very low, to back up to normal.

I walk out to the machine, and the gauge is going down and back up, down and back up, fading off and rising back up.

Then it just went down.

And stayed down.

I'm praying its not my pump.

But since my blower just got replaced last month, it only makes sense that my pump would go out.

The next thing is for me to drive this POS van off the Missouri River Bridge.

Anyone know what this is?????

Any time I've had pressure fluctuations it's been a clogged filter screen in the bottom of my mix tank. Hope it's something simple like that.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
what Aaron said. happened to me twice in the last year. I had to put snow in the mix tank last week so I could cool it down enough to stick my hand in

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If you can't find it sucking air anywhere I would check the pressure regulator to see if it's sticking at all. The valves in the pump would be my next shot.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Somewhere your loosing your incoming water supply.

Inlet screens
Water box float
Fresh water supply pump
Incoming regulator

Check everything on the supply side

Able 1

Name
Keith
Only time that happened to me it was the pressure reg....

John Watson

I agree with the sucking of air somewhere could mean no incoming water or your solution hose in your chem /rinse jug is not on the bottom or your out of juice.

My pump will fluxuate and go flat if I dont trigger the wand often enough in hot weather. Just have to go out and bleed off and goes right back to work.

breathe72

Did not think of the possible air issue.

I will be troubleshooting 1st thing in the AM.

Now to the bigger picture:

The five bucks a month to be a part of this thing is unreal.

So worth it.

Thanks to all who answered.

Name
R.J. Povio
i had that happen yesterday...my clean water tank was not full....and the driveway at the house i started cleaning was on a steep angle. The pick up was not sucking all water. I have had it (pressure flucuation) happen when running out of water and or if I run out of soap.

C

Chris Sheldon

If you have ruled out all of the basic stuff such as drawing air, mix tank filter, etc. try these other possible causes:

Be sure to also check the by-pass orifce(s); if it comes out it will seriously affect your pressure. It is not too common, but I had this happen last week on a Prochem Legend.

Take the valves out of the Hypro pump and inspect them for damage or wear. If the disc in the check valves are seriously pitted you will need to replace the valves.

And as John said; your pump could be cavitating if the water supply from the mix tank is too hot. The water in the mix tank should not exceed 140 degrees. This would point to a faulty thermal releif valve.

And by the way, great responses guys!

Hope this helps you.

breathe72

packfancjh said:
If you can't find it sucking air anywhere I would check the pressure regulator to see if it's sticking at all. The valves in the pump would be my next shot.

Bingo, Chris.

Checked pump, it was fine.

next, checked all outgoing lines.

Traced problem to the pressure regulator.

removed regulator, cleaned and oiled it.

re-install regulator.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE WATER PRSSURE AGAIN!

Thanks to those who replied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom