Ever Mentor An Employee? And....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Have you ever mentored an employee?
and then their life spiraled out of control.

One of our guys i have been close with for 10 years now, right out of high school basically. He is slightly disabled, doesn't qualify for any govt program or anything but also cannot drive. Great worker, customers loved him, trained him for literally every job. From cleaning limestone in a million dollar home to running an office cleaning building that is around 120k sqrs and every service in between.

His achilles heel has always been womins, they always took advantage of him and he would just not know how to handle it i guess. He makes median income for this area and mainly took buses/bike so he always has a lot of cash {shocking how much} and i always harassed him to save/invest it.

Literally he called me uncle shane, we talked daily about everything not just work.

Divorce, as some of you know can be really ugly and unfortunately they took it to stupid facebook which only made the situation 10x worse.

It has been just gut wrenching to watch but you can't stop it.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I used to think men were the losers- cheating, abandoning their kids etc. but now lately i hear more and more stories of women doing evil things. Taking off with 50 grand of a guys money,

marrying one guy divorcing him getting a chunk of his money then start over again with another guy with money. Now it seems women are leaving their kids behind as much or more than men.

It kind of scares me.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Have you ever mentored an employee?
and then their life spiraled out of control.

One of our guys i have been close with for 10 years now, right out of high school basically. He is slightly disabled, doesn't qualify for any govt program or anything but also cannot drive. Great worker, customers loved him, trained him for literally every job. From cleaning limestone in a million dollar home to running an office cleaning building that is around 120k sqrs and every service in between.

His achilles heel has always been womins, they always took advantage of him and he would just not know how to handle it i guess. He makes median income for this area and mainly took buses/bike so he always has a lot of cash {shocking how much} and i always harassed him to save/invest it.

Literally he called me uncle shane, we talked daily about everything not just work.

Divorce, as some of you know can be really ugly and unfortunately they took it to stupid facebook which only made the situation 10x worse.

It has been just gut wrenching to watch but you can't stop it.
Sorry, Shane. Sorry for you- sorry for him.

Steve

PS Hopefully they didn't have any kids. They are the ones I cry for.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that's tough, been there myself many many moons ago. He will survive it, we all do, it is just a learning life experience.

You can't totally blame her, he also bought into it. It's a painful lesson but he will learn not to think with his pecker but his brain.

This next time he will make better decisions than the first time around...hopefully!

I care about my employees and do what I can when they ask of me but I also purposely try not to be a friend. It affects my decision making and can make it difficult should that employee need discipline or termination.

Guess I'll never be Ken......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Divorce is worse then death because she is still breathing...My life spun out of control after my divorce. Luckily I had a divine intervention before I totally destroyed everything.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sure seems like you're in a deep dark hole at the time .....but look how lucky you are now and me I'll celebrate 26-years next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
^^^^^^^ Thats a classic you have today richard, had to go and do a quick search for camptown lady.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9gj9uEeuDtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[video=youtube_share;9gj9uEeuDtQ]http://youtu.be/9gj9uEeuDtQ[/video]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As wrong as that show is, it's got some funny parts!
Taggart: I got it! I got it!

Hedley Lamarr: You do?

Taggart: We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.

Hedley Lamarr: "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.

Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?

Taggart: Naw, we rape the shit out of them at the Number Six Dance later on.

Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom