Ever notice how fresh coffee spots are harder to get out than old ones?

Mikey P

Administrator
two day old Folgers Black Silk...

1584145514891.png

Soaked it in 40 for 30 minutes,cleaned with UPE, rinsed, soaked and rinsed two more times and this was it soaking again..

1584145651545.png

Left it submerged in 40 over night....

1584145685380.png

CallCleanPros

Name
Clean Pros
I have a coffee question.. I am cleaning a church auditorium next week. There are literally dozens and dozens of stains that have been "cleaned" by facility maintenance people. What would you recommend to clean the carpets?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a coffee question.. I am cleaning a church auditorium next week. There are literally dozens and dozens of stains that have been "cleaned" by facility maintenance people. What would you recommend to clean the carpets?
If it's cgd I would use a Cimex or orbital using an oxy encap. That will take out the majority of coffee stains. Last year I did a small community college with the same problem and it came out great.

Name
Jeff T
First off, is the carpet wool? MANY churches around here have wool, or wool blend carpet....

Name
Jeff T
First off, is the carpet wool? MANY churches around here have wool, or wool blend carpet....
While encaping sounds great, because there have been prior attempts, I bet my last dollar there is a ton of residue left over. You are going to to need to RINSE THAT CRAP OUT.
If not wool, got a 2 gallon pump up sprayer, fill with Sally’s V-40, spray the coffee spots until fairly wet, put down a quality prespray, agitate with CRB, 175 etc, and wand it at fairly high heat, running an acid rinse.
Because it’s been ‘maintained’ by in house, probably not professional people, I’d suggest using a product like Clean Free, or the like. You also probably want to boost it with a little tile cleaner, maybe some Saigers Tsunami....
The Clean Free using the power of left over chems, and helps to rinse cleaner....

Reactions: CallCleanPros

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
While encaping sounds great, because there have been prior attempts, I bet my last dollar there is a ton of residue left over. You are going to to need to RINSE THAT CRAP OUT.
If not wool, got a 2 gallon pump up sprayer, fill with Sally’s V-40, spray the coffee spots until fairly wet, put down a quality prespray, agitate with CRB, 175 etc, and wand it at fairly high heat, running an acid rinse.
Because it’s been ‘maintained’ by in house, probably not professional people, I’d suggest using a product like Clean Free, or the like. You also probably want to boost it with a little tile cleaner, maybe some Saigers Tsunami....
The Clean Free using the power of left over chems, and helps to rinse cleaner....
The Sally's 40 volume is too strong to put down like that. Better off with a tannin stain remover followed by an alkaline prespray, then rinsed. Afterwards, rather than 40 volume use a 2 part peroxide/ammonia product like vanish or eliminate and let stand on any remaining stains. It work for about 4 hours and should fade those stains out.

CallCleanPros

Name
Clean Pros
No Wool. Commercial glue down carpet. :)

There is about 7000 sq ft of carpet. The two main areas are where people stand in front of the chairs all the time and the coffee stains. Tons of coffee stains.

CallCleanPros

Name
Clean Pros
The Sally's 40 volume is too strong to put down like that. Better off with a tannin stain remover followed by an alkaline prespray, then rinsed. Afterwards, rather than 40 volume use a 2 part peroxide/ammonia product like vanish or eliminate and let stand on any remaining stains. It work for about 4 hours and should fade those stains out.
Do you treat the coffee stains with the tannin first individually or can you include the tannin spray in your prespray then crb?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You want to check with your supplier to see what they have. I use tannin stain removers that contain a mild reducing reducing agent such as chemspec or Esteam liquid browning treatment. They will usually will market a product specifically for coffee stains. I think it is usually the same product but I have a product called tanox that on paper seems to be the same as browning treatment but seems to have a stronger odor. Maybe it has a higher percentage of reducing agent.

Reactions: CallCleanPros

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
They seem to work fine. The issue is that once you used a reducer the chances of peroxide working is much reduced.

Therefore I try a reducer as a last resort. And they leave a strong smell (that will stay for a while) that can trigger asthma attacks in some people.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They seem to work fine. The issue is that once you used a reducer the chances of peroxide working is much reduced.

Therefore I try a reducer as a last resort. And they leave a strong smell (that will stay for a while) that can trigger asthma attacks in some people.
You don't want to over use it. It needs to be well rinsed before using using an oxidizer on the same stain. I find it is a safer way to treat coffee or water stains. Peroxide is much more dangerous to handle and is harsher on the carpet or fabric. There are peroxide based presprays that work well and because they are rinsed quickly they really don't do any damage. Code Red for example. Not effective on all coffee stains but will take out a lot. I have some good success with code Red.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, fook..

I can't recall a time when the overnight covered 40 volume trick didn't work..

But he just sent me a photo and it doesn't look any different then after rinsing...

I have these two products, what would you use and why?

IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_20200314_131716.jpg

Name
Jeff T
There’s dye in that coffee stain.
I’ve removed curry (turmeric) with stain zone before, BUT, because it is peroxide based, it needs to be fresh. I followed Bridepoints stain guide, and used that, and a UV light....
But WTF do I know....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom