Everest 650 feedback?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I'm considering buying one of these machines and just wanted to get some feedback from anybody using one. Are you happy with the unit? Any problems? Also how is the performance when dual wanding? I use a Butler now and want something I can dual wand large commercial and Resi jobs without a drop in performance

Able 1

Name
Keith
Big company here has 10-15 of them and they are having problems keeping belts on them... They just bought there first APEX.

I think the reason the belts might go out premature on the Everest is because of how much torque the motor has at start up to get the blower spinning (maybe???). I really don't think any Prochem truck mount is very good with keeping belts for long periods of time, but very reliable truck mounts over all (I have a Peak and Apex).

I also think there plumbing is very restrictive I run 2.5" hose I no longer have belt problems, heat up takes a bit longer though...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
PTMatt said:
I'm considering buying one of these machines and just wanted to get some feedback from anybody using one. Are you happy with the unit? Any problems? Also how is the performance when dual wanding? I use a Butler now and want something I can dual wand large commercial and Resi jobs without a drop in performance

We moved to the EVEREST HP after using Butlers for 25 years...Never looked back...!

No major problems with the Unit...Great to Dual wand with ...Just Kick it up to HIGH...!gotcha!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Able 1 said:
Big company here has 10-15 of them and they are having problems keeping belts on them... They just bought there first APEX.

I think the reason the belts might go out premature on the Everest is because of how much torque the motor has at start up to get the blower spinning (maybe???). I really don't think any Prochem truck mount is very good with keeping belts for long periods of time, but very reliable truck mounts over all (I have a Peak and Apex).

I also think there plumbing is very restrictive I run 2.5" hose I no longer have belt problems, heat up takes a bit longer though...

That's why I'm glad my Genny has a Hayes torque converter. It takes up the torque when starting the unit.

I've had a dealer talk me out of buying an Everest 650hp. He says too many extra dodads to go wrong.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Whoever talked you out of a 650 has no sense. The things are work horses. We do not see the belt issues that someone mentioned. Varsity contractors is the biggest users of the 650's around here and they run 2x300' of hose everyday 8 hours a day. They use 9 hour employees and these machines take a beating and just keep ticking. Sure they had a couple bugs like all machines but the measure of a company isn't if they have a problem but how thy respond and Prochem has been top notch.

Oh and they must maintain 190 degrees at the end of those 2 runs of 300' and maintain 13"'of lift. The church checks them regularly I know I sold them the kits to test water temp and pressure and vac.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Able 1 said:

Could be someone not putting them back on properly though, always a possibility - even though they are belts alignment is still important to keep them on as long as possible, under tightening, over tightening, 2 more big issues regarding belt life.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes. They use TI wands,RX 20's,Drag wands and a couple guys use 2 jets. Whatever they are using it has to meet the church's specs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom