Evolution wand results?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for the few minutes I dinked with it..I didnt like it :?

It didnt have a smooth push stroke...it bounced like a CGD with no glide...

jets seemed a bit to high to..though that could be fixed..

all in all 2 thumbs down for me

G

Without the S bend in it it was tough to get it at the right angle.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
if the Slider guy was smart, he'd make his sliders compatible with the slide-on profile and help create a standard.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
The RESULTS are all that matters. After-all the manufacturer is saying that the straight design is required to produce linear flow, and that an S bend produces air eddies. Now let's hear the results! Let the "proof be in the puddin".

BTW, thank you so much Mikey's board for saving us the cost of doing our own test. There is no reason for you to be biased.

Thx,
Dale

russgolfer

What about those of us who usually use a single bend wand? Do you think it would still feel strange? I have used a Steamway wand for 12 1/2 years and an S- bend always feels weird to me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Russ

Greenie

other than all that preference stuff I think the wand will come out just fine on the test, it is a 2" and very smooth head design. I was kinda surprised at it's size, in person it's larger than it looks in a pic, I would call it a man's wand.

Spurling

evolution wand

I hate mine ... I have 2 .. anyone wanna buy them? They need a spray guard and needs to be more triangle shaped ..the rounded sides scrape the baseboards if I wanna get close to the edges. Would never reach under baseboard heaters or low kitchen cabinets. Ill sell them for $400 ea.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
That's interesting Paul. It sure shows that "scientific research" as was presented as the "holy grail" of wand design on the ICS board does not account for actual user experience. Perhaps the guy running that machine in the video should have stopped once in a while and actually went out to clean some carpet. Have we not already learned that lesson from Prochem and the CRI?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What people need is the POS castex wand.

Perfection with that triangle head.

Epoxy some splash guards on and its perfect!

Kelly

Test drove the 2 inch evolution last night myself, coupled to a white magic pro 1200 hv, not just a little test, but a long long test, an all night test. Its a mans wand thats for sure. From my personal experience the evolution is a wand that only a man would use, only a real man would own one. Big wide sweeping swath, light weight, and for some reason smooth as a babys a$$ when you use it, made me feel like a giant. Cut the time out last night by almost two hours (thats about 25 percent). yup truely only real men will own this wand. By the way....we were doing commercial glue down and some other kind of commercial with some kind of thin pad under it. ( I dont know that much about kinds of carpet) I kind of like the idea of the plastic replaceable wand lips it has as well, and also how light it is.

Greenie

Sounds like you have a buyer for your Evo wands!

Kelly, call me sometime, we can talk about your recent gadgets and that overpressure thingy.

STEVEC

Doug,
The reason that the wand you tried was jumpy and not smooth is because the glide on that wand had a sharp inside edge, that caught the carpet, going both ways. I know, I wondered why, so I looked at it, inside edge was sharp. They must have figured it out because our new Evolution 2" wand has a round inside edge and go real smooth on all carpet. Pretty cool wand. About $895.00. Fair price for a High Performance wand.

Steve

STEVEC

Anthony,
I ordered ours for the store some time in October of last year. I'll get it on our website for sale on Monday and find out how long it will take to get more in.

Steve

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Used an evolution 2 inch for a full week last mon-fri.Fully gree with Greenie,1st impression is this is a huge looking wand.

Liteweight even though it appears otherwise,this one was all original jets,o1sslight off angle to ensure arc patterns are met.

I liked it personally but ,it takes some getting used too...But I think purchasers will be overall happy,especially those with shoulder ailments etc.But would still like to see a true teflon glide, versus the original.

My 2 cents...Only problem I had was trying to find a 2 inch swivel cuff,since I stopped using the barbs an old version cuffs. But very nice velocity hooked to my butler with the 2.5 inch mods...Places I did seemed quicker and even a tad dryer...

Steve Smith

Isn't it interesting that only the sales people are saying what a great wand it is.

A real life carpet cleaner comments on his experiences with evolution wands and is ignored by the sales people.

These sales people know so much about equipment?
How many tens of thousands of square feet of carpet do they clean a month?

Spurling

evolution wand

Yes Anthony ..they are 1 1/2 inchers ...the salesmen are right ...the wands are very light .. and I like the idea of the turbulent free flow .. but without splash guards, you spray everything you get too close to.. if you are wanding next to a sofa, you're getting the skirt wet.. do an area rug, the floor is soaked about 6in out.. I put my wand butt up against the wall and I can slide a pen between the side of the glide and the wall/baseboard... the rounded sides of the wand was a bad idea..I actually have scuff marks on the sides of the wand where the plastic is wearing away from trying to clean the edges of the carpet... (no paint scraping though) If these wands were triangle shaped with splash guards, I would buy them all day long....after a long hard day, you dont really feel these wands ..they are perfect for large open spaces.. I bought these about 2 months ago .. 1 I used 3 days the other pretty much every day..Thanks, Paul

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I still don't know how light do I want my wand to be. I was super disappointed with the 1.5" evolution. I could not see using it all the time. Bounced around way too much. I found I had to press down on it, but then it flexed allot. Personally I like the weight of the greenhorn, and prefer it over the pimped titanium. I think the little extra weight and that center jet makes for a killer combo. With a glide, you don't need to raise the wand of the floor, so why is weight such a big deal? I am missing something?

STEVEC

Hey Steve Smith,
Have you really been in business for ten years without a business name
and no equipment used?
The best thing about being a supplier that still makes a real living cleaning carpet is that I can try alot of different chemicals, tools, wands, equipment, and gadgets to see how good they are and make a recommendation accordingly. Unlike a few people on the boards that bash anything new and pick it apart after only see a picture or based on who the manufacturer is.

Still cleaning, making a real living, paying for a real house, and paying real life living expenses.

Steve

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I was playing with the 16 inch Evolution wand at Mikefest. I didn't mind the straight wand type since I have been used the the Steam Way wand.

However, the jets do not spray out to the full 16 inches, so cleaning along walls and such would need to turn the wand perpendicular to the wall or object to get clean.

The air flow of the design looks very good, but not being able to get the corner of the wand underneath cupboards like in halls and bathrooms is a drawback.

It's light weight. I guess the Titanium wand is also. I bought the Greenhorn though. The jets seemed just right for spacing (better than Ti), angle and position, and though I was a little worried about if it would get underneath cupboards, it seems to do OK. I will have more comparisons with the Steam Way wand when I get more familiar with it.

Loren

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom