Expo Booth Ideas?

Al

What kind of Expo? What have you planned so far? Give us some details, so we can help with Ideas.

8)

PrestigeLLC

Sorry my computer messed up when I tried to edit the first post. It's my first Homeowners Expo and I'm trying to put together a simple yet professional booth. What would be the basics I should include so as not to look like a hack and still not cost an arm and a leg?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
here's what I did last year. I do need to tweak it to grab more attention and to collect the qualifed names. I used free gifts and free cleanings but when I show up to do the work I get a lot of hassles over price.

What is a good way to pre-qualify from a home show. I do have a sign at the back that says:
Looking for Best Price?
I'm not it.
Ask me why.

07-05-12Various019.jpg

07-05-12Various022.jpg

07-05-12Various024.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ron,
I have a chance for a home show in a couple weeks, What do they turn out for business?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The one I attend is a local show put on by the Rotary for this community of 18000. Its not a big one like the ones in Victoria; I've never tried one of those yet. This one is one day, 10-4, where as the bigger ones are ALL day and 3 days long.

I might talk to 100 people over the day. From that I'll get 1 or 2 clients. I like to participate because it raises money for the Rotary and I have fun. There is a silent auction which I contribute a $200 coupon. Last year it fetched over $100 which was the most I've ever gotten for them. In fact, they put my contrib in the Live Auction because of the $ amount. It only costs me $100 to attend so if I get one client I've paid for it.

I've tried a live demo of the truck but it didn't pull many people. I've had a table FULL of before/afters but they hardly looked at it. I've put out info for them to take, a candy jar, and even a free house draw, but it really didn't draw them much.
Last year I just did this little demo carpet and it seemed to have a bigger impression than anything I've done in the past.

Al

Nice booth Ron!

If you have a drawing for some attractive prizes you will draw even more attention and you will have a list of names you could add to your mailings. You don't have to spend a fortune,
Digital camera, Remote control helicopter, Monopoly games, Big Tonka Toy's
DVD player are some of the ones we have used.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
a guy in my area does the Home and Garden show every year. It costs him about $1500.00 for the booth but he usually pulls and 2 to 3 dozen jobs off of the show.

G

Get a nice banner.

Have fans circulating air in your booth area. People won't stop and chat if it is too stuffy.

Have something fresh scented under your countertop/ tables. Nothing too pungent just refreshing.ThInk aromatherapy. The fans will help this. If you have a really nice product that you sell then use it.

Cubicle walls for backdrop and cut down on other visual and noise distractions, but don't make it seem like a trap where people can't back out if they don't like you.

Have your tables higher like a tall counter top. People prefer to have a barrier between you and them (i.e. it allows for an easy escape). It will also allow you to rest your arms when you're not greeting people.

A padded rug on the floor(especially good if it has your name on it).
This will allow for padding and comfort from the stressed knees and sore backs that most people will have from walking around on hard concrete all day. They will associate comfort with your company.

Add all of your other marketing specialties such as pens and such.
Bowl of nice peppermints, not the cheap kind, the good stuff.

Get some of those name badges/ID tags that have your picture that you wear around your neck.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I too am impressed, Chris. Good ideas!

We did a two day trade show every spring. I came to dread it just because it was physically and emotionally exhausting. A few thoughts ...

1. Have enough people to man the booth. This is tiring work. Rotate people in and out and give them frequent breaks. I didn't allow chairs in our area. Show attendees want to see energy, not a couple of wacked out carpet cleaners staring blankly into space.

2. Have people working the front of the booth (in reality the hall where people work) with a give away item. This breaks into people's attention and then they'll aska question, etc and the front person can feed them off to the more informed employees working inside the booth.

3. Show attendees love action. We rented outside spaces and ran two truck mounts full time cleaning people's rugs they would bring in for free rug cleaning. Over a two day period we would clean 700 to 800 rugs. It made for some very impressive demos plus a lot of grateful people.

4. Be sure to have staff to follow up on the leads that you get. We gave away an entire house carpet cleaning and then had a box to check if they wanted a free carpet inspection. But you need to call these people within two days or they lose their sense of urgency. We would usually get 150 or so leads and convert about half into jobs.

Steve

I have a check list of other home show ideas culled from our misadventures over a 16 year period plus some great ideas from our SFS members. E-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com if you want a free copy. No obligation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom