External pump out

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tom;

ShurFlo has a new 10 GPM pump with EPDM diaphram for TM pump-out:
sf1100.jpg

It has ports for 1" pipe and insulated rocker switch on the motor.
It is in the upper $400 range.
More info here:http://www.cobbcarpet.com/tmacc.html

Larry

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Thanks Mikey,

I ask you for advice and you tell me to post it on the board and this is what I get. You're going to get some special Tofu my friend..

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Built one from Northern 12 volt pump. Not automatic (I can always find something to do while pumping and you don't need to pump it all out at once). Pumps about 8 gpm. Faster pumps are available, but the flow into a customer's laundry drain might be too strong. Easily slides on tank barb with rubber collar, so I can use gravity dump when appropriate. Been working great for 4+ years until I pulled a wire from inside the pump motor last week. Substituted a 115 vac pump from Lowe's until I get around to ordering another Northern 12 volt. (The 12 volt pump from Harbor Freight will pump against the vacuum but siezes when it's dry.) About $125 parts and 10 minutes to assemble.

Would post a pic if I wasn't a non-techy Neanderthal.

Tom, if this sounds like something that would work for you, call me, I'll throw one together for you.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There are 110 volt external pump outs available. Much more reliable and powerful than pumps that run off the 12 volt automotive battery.

Scott Warrington

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Does a pump out take away from vac at all?
Can you feel it pumping at the wand?
what are the pro's and con's.

Didn't want to start new thread.

Thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Brian;

The Pump-Out is actually trying to pull a slight vacuum on the recovery tank.

This is why the pumps have to be speced properly.

It is aiding the vacuum.

Larry

G

Scott, I understand you have to make a living,but for God"s sake, could you please quit putting down everything you don"t sell.I Remember when you worked for Pros Choice and that was the only thing you touted, now its Bridge Point.

Brian, no they dont take away from your vac.,and the external is more convient,but also more costly(except the 12 volt Larry has that Scott does not seem to like).

Kevin

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Of course, an ac pump can be run off an automotive battery with a converter.

Honda, Mitsubishi, and others make very compact gas-powered (some 2-stroke) trash pumps. Could empty a tank real quick when you have a sewer line that can handle the flow. (Wouldn't run it full bore behind Ms. Piff's washing mashine.) Could probably regulate the flow by engine rpms and a valve.

Honda's 37 gpm, 13 lb, 4-stroke compact lists for $349. The 72 gpm, 20 lb model is $479. 187 gpm $543. Who needs apo when you can empty your tank in seconds?

1478 gpm to an atomizer: "Look, Myrtle! A black cloud hovering over the Piffleton's house!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom