External pumpout

R

R W

I'm looking too, Doug. You probably got the same belt drive Jabsco that I have, and it likes to leak after a few years.

PC has a nice APO that isn't belt driven, but it runs over $1200. I'd never use an in-tank PO....I went through that with my Performer 405.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doug;

For value, I like the brand new ShurFlo 10 Gal./minute pump:

sf1100.jpg

Pump only is $499.

Larry

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
APO's are awesome, when they work properly, and also when they require little or no maintenance or fuss.

Ours will pump 30 GPM, draws 1-amp of AC electric, and requires only monthly cleaning of the filter, even when using it all day long every day. It just keeps working day in and day out.

The motor should last indfinetely, as it has no moving parts.

For the gas truckmounts, and from what I've heard, I think the external APO is the answer. However, they are over a grand, but if they don't need a lot of care to get them running every day, then it's worth it.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Yes, John, it is an electromagnetic motor, pulsating to drive a carbon steel shaft.

The shaft is replaceable at less than $40 and 5 minutes to install with only a phillips head screwdriver.

TimP

An external pump out can be made for far less than a grand.

Cobb has the idea right in this matter.

My only concern with a do it yourself external pump out is putting in a switch or switches so that the pump turns on and doesn't run dry. Once you get that worked out there isn't much else to it other than some rigging of plumbing. There is no reason a pump out should cost what it does.

I think this task is something greenie or les could figure out and make for us BDCC'ers. Not to mention they could make a good profit on it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
TimP said:
My only concern with a do it yourself external pump out is putting in a switch or switches so that the pump turns on and doesn't run dry. Once you get that worked out there isn't much else to it other than some rigging of plumbing. There is no reason a pump out should cost what it does.

You could hook it up like your float switch in your waste tank... I would just put a longer rod so there is more travel from on to off, and mount it at about quarter full on the tank... jmo

G

Is it an aesthetic thing? cause that is 12v,and it makes it really easy to remove,and we run a lot of auxillary things like this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom