Extra charges for equipment decontamination?

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I just did my first loss since all of the craziness started. A simple cat i, but I think I went through twice as much PPE. sanitizer, etc as normal. Is anyone charging extra for this? Equipment decontamination? Even though this was a cat i, it would be irresponsible of my to bring any of this equipment into another home without properly cleaning it first.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's why it's always good to have a pressure washer spray gun in the truck so you can soak everything down with some funk cleaner and pressure wash it off with 230f at the end of the job

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
Everything that gets brought into someone's house is going to get cleaned before it goes into another house (or even into my van.) I'm just hoping that I can get paid for the extra effort...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've learned it's easier to just include it in the cost of the job vs adding another charged section below the cleaning cost on the invoice. Stuff like that pisses customers off. Out of sight, out of mind kinda thing

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
ppe Im charging per customer

wiping down the outside of gear is something I do anyway

but Im only a small operator, and its not often I go from 1 job to the next without it sitting several days

got 2 dehus out at the moment, might have to think about an internal sanitising of them 🤔

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
ppe Im charging per customer

wiping down the outside of gear is something I do anyway

but Im only a small operator, and its not often I go from 1 job to the next without it sitting several days

got 2 dehus out at the moment, might have to think about an internal sanitising of them 🤔
Put them under a tarp with an ozone generator.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

unless going to another job right away, they'll decon themselves of virus in a few days
the virus doesn't live long when out of the host

if I recall the latest, it's like 2 days on metal and 3 on plastic??

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Hack Attack

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The first principle of water damage restoration is to provide for the safety and health workers and occupants. Do to the coronavirus, that is everywhere in our county, I would charge for PPE on a cat 1 and look at OSHA regulations for further justification if necessary.

Reactions: Giorgio and Noidios

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Respiratory Protection, Standard 1910.134

pastedGraphic.png

heidijpix / Getty Images.

Workers who inhale dust, vapor, fumes, gases, smoke or sprays may sustain lung injuries. Some may eventually develop occupational diseases like silicosis or asbestosis. OSHA's Respiratory Standard 1910.134 requires employers to protect workers exposed to contaminated air by providing respirators.

To comply with this standard, employers must identify airborne hazards in the workplace, select the proper respirator to safeguard workers, and train employees on how to use the equipment. Employers must also monitor the workplace to ensure that respirators are used and maintained properly.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Respiratory Protection, Standard 1910.134

View attachment 98204

heidijpix / Getty Images.

Workers who inhale dust, vapor, fumes, gases, smoke or sprays may sustain lung injuries. Some may eventually develop occupational diseases like silicosis or asbestosis. OSHA's Respiratory Standard 1910.134 requires employers to protect workers exposed to contaminated air by providing respirators.

To comply with this standard, employers must identify airborne hazards in the workplace, select the proper respirator to safeguard workers, and train employees on how to use the equipment. Employers must also monitor the workplace to ensure that respirators are used and maintained properly.

We also use air scrubbers. Eye protection

My statement was referring to simply decon of equipment

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hard to charge Decon on cat 1 if it’s insurance claim.

You should be maintaining equipment anyway

Cat3 gets charged everyday all day
Most carrier will not pay to decon equipment. The thinking is on a cat 3 loss you should be cleaning the contaminated floors and pulling contaminated materials before placing equipment. Who puts their equipment on poop?

Reactions: U. S. VET.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom