F.Y.I

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when you are going to make a truck mount and hook up to the engine exhaust...start from the most ridged end first...which would be the engine....and then work your way to the end adding your braces and clamps......

Pretty apparent that this was started from the wrong direction and when it got to hooking it up to the engine it did not marry up....so it was crooked and the bolts could not tighten the way the needed to...

Friday was a very long day...toward the end of the job machine sounded like it was running on half of it cylinders...
got done and shut it down knowing I was not going to be able to look at it till today because a big storm was coming in on Saturday......

got out there today and when I walked over to the side of the machine....found these.....

IMG_5255.jpg

I knew they were from exhaust because of how they looked.....started pulling everything apart and found where they were supposed to go....

IMG_5257.jpg

un did all the bracing and set it into place the right way.....then I had to re-set all the bracing to make it right ....

IMG_5258.jpg

purring like a kitten again.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
luckily when I looked at them I knew right away they were exhaust bolts....normally when you get a exhaust leak they turn that white color.....if not I would of had a hell of a time trying to figure it out because I had to remove almost every cover and shield to get to find where they came from... you can look at the threads and tell how tight they were ( darker color )...compared to how far they seated once I got it put on the right way....

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
A BLUEline that had the exhaust vibrate apart???? That's is the first I have heard about that....

In the last 2 min anyway:lol: :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mine is almost 550......if they would have put it together the right way it would not of been a problem....and finger tightening them is not the answer.....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the motor mounts on the starter side didn't line up right on mine. snapped the bolts right off. it left a gap of about 1/4"that the bolts snugged right up. :lol:
i reset the mount so that is fit correctly. that happened before 500 hrs.

yesterday 1 small bolt, probably oil pan rolled out. I haven't had the energy to hunt it down yet.

gene

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
when will manufacturers ever learn? well the blueline, line seems to be discontinued and off there website now

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
the motor mounts on the starter side didn't line up right on mine. snapped the bolts right off. it left a gap of about 1/4"that the bolts snugged right up. :lol:
i reset the mount so that is fit correctly. that happened before 500 hrs.

yesterday 1 small bolt, probably oil pan rolled out. I haven't had the energy to hunt it down yet.

gene

check right above the cat pump....after the exhaust bolts being so loose...I started checking others to make sure everything else was ok and found 2 oil pan bolts loose above the cat pump.....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
another bolt rolled out same size but a little longer. i looked today but didn't find any missing. they could of been under there from something i dropped and just finally rolled out.

gene

Walt

Power clean hooked the exhaust to the heat exchanger with flex hose on my diesel machine. Dumb idea. It failed in less than 500 hours. Ended up rebuilding it with rigid and then some flexible stainless mesh hose at the diverter to absorb the vibration. 2000 plus hours later and no problems.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Martin said:
Becker said:
I'm just glad you had something to work on Jim..

no shit....this not having anything to tinker with is killing me....

take a vacay down here and help me tinker with mine shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

helll i always got something to dick with....

stupid flow switch went bad.....now its run the rx or 360 and when i have to chaneg areas...go shut the heat off....cuz it gets hot with no water moving through the coils :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

got one on order though....$36 online, in stead of $78...local :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom