facebook advertising

NGC

Anyone use the facebook pay per clikc advertising? I like how you can target people in your area and by age and interests and what not. I guess the more you pay per click the more likely your ad will be seen? I also like that you can set a daily budget. But does it work? Anyone tried this?

FredC

Village Idiot
speaking strictly on carpet cleaning......FB PPC has sucked for me and others I know that have tried it..........and I don't just mean trying one ad for a week and dumping it either. I wouldn't let that stop you........ymmv.....

that said facebook can be a source for customers ...................attempts at getting them through PPC, constant updates to your page, likes, or fans will likely be in vain though

Connor

Name
Connor
FredC said:
speaking strictly on carpet cleaning......FB PPC has sucked for me and others I know that have tried it..........and I don't just mean trying one ad for a week and dumping it either. I wouldn't let that stop you........ymmv.....

that said facebook can be a source for customers ...................attempts at getting them through PPC, constant updates to your page, likes, or fans will likely be in vain though

But Fred, isn't vanity the whole purpose we are in business? Just to ride around with our names on the side of a truck and say "Look at me, I am special?"

Make the logo bigger!

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...

I'll expand on this because I can't go to sleep.............and I think all my post on the subject were deleted with my old account.

The internet can be used in several ways...all of which mirror "real life"

1. It can be used like the phone book. Right now this is great because if you have the right things in place its like having a huge multi page ad at a fraction of the cost (maybe even "free...whats your time worth?). The "problem" is you are still relying on people to "dig out the book" to find you....that is they have to search. There is no "spark"...at least not that you generated.

2. It can be used like mailers..or newpaper....or grocery store receipt ads. . An advertising medium. Less roi........people are there....reading....they just have to notice your ad. Probably best adverts for price driven custies/companies. How often do you click on some shit that doesn't look like an awesome deal (or promises titties, get rich quick, or challenges your ego/intelligence)? That said ...even if you are not a couponer but can offer an attractive deal on something or your willing to take an upfront hit to get custies may be an option.

3. It can be used for referrals. Which is where the beauty (and ROI) of social media comes in. If you can get people to tell their "friends" about you it carries far more weight as a general rule than anything you could ever say about yourself. The problem is this requires more "work" on the part of your client so you either need to make them REALLY HAPPY, make it really easy, or incentivize. ....and even then it will mirror "real life" where the OCD bitch you bent over backwards for that promised to tell all 6 billion people on the planet that if Jesus was a carpet cleaner he would bow to you............won't. Discouraging ? Yes. A reason to abandon your efforts? No.

don't be scared. Ask.
Ask them to post about their experience. Hell take and send them pics of that spot you told them you didn't think would come out but it turns out you're more awesome than you thought. Keep the shots tight....obviously nobody wants to post pics of their dirty ass house on FB...well almost nobody.

Seen them folks with 10K "friends"? Ever considered approaching them? With an incentive?
Got one of those locals that fancies himself a celebrity?
Participate in any local "groups"?

I left out retention...didn't apply as much

and in the future as a metric for visibility social will become even more important

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Fred, Your #3 is point on!!

About the same for getting online reviews.

Usually less that 1 in 10 that absolutely say they are overwelmed by the results and will leave a review actually end up leaving a review,

Sometimes you can "bribe" them with a little spotter (or what ever)and have them leave it before you leave to increase results.

(Just works for longterm clients. For a first timer client you might piss them off )

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
But does it work? Anyone tried this?

No and Yes. Tried it many times, for a hundred bucks we got 3 "likes"... Unless you are selling a game or something like that it's stupid.

A facebook biz page is something you should have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom