FaceBook boosting

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m not a fan of Facebook. It brings in too many price shoppers wanting to haggle over price with instant messaging or on my timelines. That being said, I’m testing the waters again. Getting more active in Instagram and FB.

Just as a test, I boosted that video of me cleaning that rug. It isn’t the best video. I’m cleaning it in my sandals and I’m wearing a TShirt. But it was just a test. I’m actually surprised at the results for my little area. Almost 5k views and 1,600 Thruplays. Got a few people asking “How Much”. Had two rugs delivered to my shop last night.

This motivates me to make a little more professional video and really see how it does.

C3845CBF-4559-4F1D-944B-4FFEC122EE72.png

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Damon, I was just about to start a thread about this until I saw this. So I’ll say it here. I boosted my hardwood link on my website and I’ve had the most shares, likes and views I’ve had in several years compared to my carpet cleaning ads

I think you should do another video of yourvrug Cleaning, only this time, look more professional. Not in your Noah sandals. And do a more colorful rug. You want to show a rug that people can picture in their own home. That rug you recorded is Fugly

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Film Macy cleaning the rug..
Get her talking and smiling..

You'll be sleeping on the couch for a while but the phone ring off the hook
No, she talks too much. I had to pull her away from a customer and get her focused. The rule is I'm the Primary officer and she is the backup. One person should make contact. Other wise you get confusion and at times the customer can feel ganged up on.

Like I have said in the past. People that think they are "Good with customers" usually are the ones that don't know when to shut the hell up.

She'll be running a crew soon. So she can talk all she wants then.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I get great ROI from boosting before and afters. Wine spills, police dusting messes, candle wax removal. Show that you are a highly skilled artisan.

I only boost in the slow season but I usually can book $1000 for every $50 spent in the slow months. You just have to pick your zip codes carefully or you'll be getting the rat nasty cluttered trailer park dwellers wanting you to bring their trashed out poly back to life. Nothing against trailer park dwellers, I spent the first 5 years of my life in one.

Beats the heck out of the yellow pages.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Are you boosting or using the ad manager? Also do yourself a favor and tell all your carpet cleaning buddies to unlike your FB page.
I mostly boost, but do sometimes just do an ad that directs people to my website. I don't spend much, around $30 a month so that it keeps my name in front of people who might clean in the future. Even at $30 a month it puts the ad in front of people pretty regularly.

I never could understand why cleaners like the page of another cleaner.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I mostly boost, but do sometimes just do an ad that directs people to my website. I don't spend much, around $30 a month so that it keeps my name in front of people who might clean in the future. Even at $30 a month it puts the ad in front of people pretty regularly.

I never could understand why cleaners like the page of another cleaner.

That's a great approach. I like sending out to a broad audience of men and women in whatever age group you think works best and directing them to a website. Make sure your pixel is installed and you could use Google Tag Manager to track call button clicks or some other conversion on your website. Then in 3 months send an ad to people that didn't convert on your website using a Custom Audience.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
That's a great approach. I like sending out to a broad audience of men and women in whatever age group you think works best and directing them to a website. Make sure your pixel is installed and you could use Google Tag Manager to track call button clicks or some other conversion on your website. Then in 3 months send an ad to people that didn't convert on your website using a Custom Audience.
Thanks for the info. My site may already have a pixel since Wordpress tracks stats. I let my web guy handle all the technical stuff. These Wordpress sites are more complicated than my old cheesy Yahoo Sitebuilder site.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thanks for the info. My site may already have a pixel since Wordpress tracks stats. I let my web guy handle all the technical stuff. These Wordpress sites are more complicated than my old cheesy Yahoo Sitebuilder site.

That conversion tracking is something your developer could help you with. Even letting the ad run at $1 a day. Then with the custom audience you can find people in the last 1-180 days that have visited specific pages or people that have visited your website or a page 2, 3, 4 etc times(higher intent?), or a combination of the two.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I was never rafted. Just......moderated. The chains are still on. If I'm a good boy, I can have some more hummus. Or whatever weird meat flavored stuff Mikey and Fred eat.

Reactions: Mikey P

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
ThruPlay is misleading with boosted posts because Facebook recommends videos to be quick 15 second videos. So a ThruPlay can be considered all the way through or 15 seconds and unless you read their help section you wouldn't know that. But FYI, if you decide to do a short 15 second video, you can use the ad manager and in the Ad Set choose to only be billed when a ThruPlay happens. You could let the algorithm decide who is most likely to watch your video all the way through based on the other targeting you set.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
ThruPlay is misleading with boosted posts because Facebook recommends videos to be quick 15 second videos. So a ThruPlay can be considered all the way through or 15 seconds and unless you read their help section you wouldn't know that. But FYI, if you decide to do a short 15 second video, you can use the ad manager and in the Ad Set choose to only be billed when a ThruPlay happens. You could let the algorithm decide who is most likely to watch your video all the way through based on the other targeting you set.
I learn something everyday. Thanks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How can you reach that many people and spend less than my posts? I reached 4k people and spend $30

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
no f'n way 10k Redding citizens watched that..

It went out to that many people. The views were 6.6k which includes autoplay of videos(which happens a lot and is misleading in the metrics) as you're scrolling FB.

How can you reach that many people and spend less than my posts? I reached 4k people and spend $30

What types of posts, videos or picture/graphic posts?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It went out to that many people. The views were 6.6k which includes autoplay of videos(which happens a lot and is misleading in the metrics) as you're scrolling FB.

What types of posts, videos or picture/graphic posts?
just picture and a lead to my hardwood section on my website

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
just picture and a lead to my hardwood section on my website

Videos tend to go out to more people for less money than pictures.

What are you doing with the people that make it to the page but don't do anything else?

Last edited:
Name
Eric
I’ve been spending $10 a day on Facebook for about a month or so. It’s been getting a lot of price shoppers and most the jobs booked from it are minimum jobs. Last month I got a $1000 job from my ad and just booked an $800 job from it too. They’ve been working pretty good for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom