Fake Posters. Incomplete profiles

What do you think about people that post with incomplete profiles or put a bogus information? In other words they are fake puss***. One person really stands out.

FCC said:
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35896

What does Brian's company reviews have anything to do with people who post with incomplete or fake profiles?

Bob Foster

You see one that jumps out let someone know and we will fry them if they are blatantly false.

We have been tied up on more important projects but we will concentrate on that very soon but this is the way it will go down.
1. warn them if incomplete and
2. if they still don't fill them out we kick them off.

Screw'em!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Just assume their all Brevic or Rob Allen and you'll be right 89% of the time.

oDiE..has more FaCeS..than EVE...:roll:...I am pretty sure he..IS..."ROSeMaRy"s" baby :shock:

Name
Jesse
"Fake posters. Incomplete profiles" Too different animals

I'd fill out my profile completly and follow the rules... But I want every post in my history erased. If erasing prior posts is not allowed then I'll Just start a new and "lawful" profile and never post again.

That is the problem with what you guys are pushing for, A reader is not subject to the negative aspects of "fame" that a poster is. A board of all readers will offer little to read.

Look how many people on here who post and add value, help others, offer tips but aren't willing to submit a full profile of themselves and their company to anyone in the world even unknown competitors who don't post but may read everything.

I like and enjoy this board enough to read every post (99.xx%) it contains offer help where I can. Posting for others to read isn't worth the risk to myself or my business that could be generated by disclosing irelivent personal data for the safe of "false security".

Business is a war to many people, not everone wants to fight and thats a big positive but if you get caught in a no rules fight then good nature will get you nowhere.

Don't be concerend with who is posting. Be concerend about what is posted and who is reading.
:evil:

Bob Foster

Out of Character speaks a good point. We try our best to keep it real here and you know we don't like impostors or fakes.

Name
Jesse
Most here are Genuine, even if there just genuinly f-d up.

This board doesn't have problems with excessive bs posters on sabotage missions.

Al

I know one poster that turned out a total fake and he had a bunch of peep's fooled, myself included. :shock:

Mr. Chico Love is correct.......it would suck to have to explain something like this to a customer:

Quote:
Not trying to get off subject but there is no way I would ever spray Teflon or similar on my carpeting in my house. Even when I cleaned my carpet I thought long and hard about the chems being put down. It is one thing to put citrus solv or butyl in a customer's carpet but not mine. I didn't even ...

That post is the BEST example!!

At Al's Absolute Best we only use product's that we would use in our own home and we feel that we improve the health of a home. We are proud of the quality of products and service we provide.

8)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
An easy answer is don;t post anything you wouldn't want your mother or customers to read. I am not always true to that, as sometimes I can be an ass when feeling defensive or protctive, but for the most part I am fine with anyone reading what I post.

I feel everyone should have a complete & verifiable profile and that only cowards do not.

harryhides

Name
Tony
FCC and "out of character"

If you really want to know what your customer's might come across that you have posted, you'd have to actually test this theory out.
Have you?

If you have and you can find, in the first couple of pages of a google search some compromising posts, you could ask to have your current Profile removed and then sign up again with different info. I did a test and found nothing of my posts here. I did find a few posts on ICS and Cleanfax. There are now zero Bots running around here.

Your Company name is not required here and this would be the most likely way for a customer to happen on something stupid you said - even if you habitually post stupid stuff.

Even if a customer did a search using your own name AND your company name, it's unlikely they'd find anything but you can test this.
There is no rule that your Handle be your real name.

A Google search of Mikey, Mikey's Board and the names "out of character" and "FCC" came up with nothing on the first 2 pages.

Personally, I don't care what you show in your Profile, only that you show a web-site or an e-mail or that the Board Admins know that you really are a carpet cleaner.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem would of course be welcomed.

Name
Jesse
I'm less concerned about customers than I am about low life cleaners.

Since you mentioned Google search, I tried 1 search and confirmed that it will yield results. I searched (Daniel Costly carpet cleaner) I picked Daniel because he started this thread, has a full profile, and most importantly is publicly the owner of his company. A prospective client who contacted his company would likely know his name, they may do search to see if anything comes up. I think larger commercial accounts which are the most valuable would be most likely to search the owner.
On page 1 of Google you'll find:

The World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum! • View topic - I think ...
First Name: Daniel Last Name: Costley Business Name: Mid-South Carpet and Tile Cleaning City: Memphis State or Province: TN Country: United States ...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30893&view...

From there you can "view users post" and get all of his past dialogue.

I've only been in business a few year but have already been targeted to be put out of business once by another local company of similar size to mine. I had never heard of them at the time that they began to follow my crews, slander my company, post negative reviews, and flat out steel accounts at whatever cost it took to get them from me. They went out of business, I assume they regret focusing on cleaners and not customers.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I still think that the key is your Company name and if it is not shown here in your Profile, why on earth would they search your PLUS MB ??

Do a realistic test of someone who does not list their Company name - just thier real name and see what comes up.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I think it's disgusting what one can find on the internet.

I Googled Shorty Glanville, found my own site several times on the first page, then I found this. :shock:

The House that Glanville Built.

http://housethatglanvillebuilt.blogspot ... chive.html

After reading a small portion, I'm gonna change my name by deed poll to Wainwright or something.

& if the pig farmer sez sumpin', then I.D.G.A.S. :lol:

I feel Absolutely Floored & Devastated. :(

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

harryhides

Name
Tony
FCC said:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=8XO&q=%22tony+wheelright%22&start=10&sa=N

Is it inconceivable to you that it might show up on the first page since your own name shows up on the second page with a MB result and other forums are listed on the first?

and again its not just about the customer.........but really what would knowing that my real name is Fred Cordell tell you?

That's pretty funny Fred.
You found MB faster by spelling my name wrong than I did by spelling it correctly anway I never heard of that wheelright fellah.

Anyway, the main concern for me is that we know that active posters here are real.
I do not have a lot of sympathy for folks who post stuff that they are ashamed of.

T

The Magician

How can you call Mikey a p.... hes had more fake ads than the Allens.
Now bring Lester back lol:

T

The Magician

Just about a few of the fake posts that made us all laugh. Wheres lester. See you at MF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom