feedback on truckmounts

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Lookin to buy a new truck mount.Prochem? Judson?
How about some opinions.Thanks Randy
ps !5 to 20 Grand Range

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What are you currently using, Randy?

and are you able to trouble shoot, service and repair your own equipment?

..L.T.A.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
STEAM VAWTER PTO

why not buy bob vawters STEAM GENIE PTO THERE IS A SIMPLE AND VERY RELIABLE TM 8.000 DOLLARS

CleanEvo

You really can't go wrong with either Judson or Prochem. It really comes down to where you can get service if needed and/or if you are going to do the service yourself.

I like to be able to bring my Prochem to the dealer and let him service it, however, if you plan on doing all the service yourself then get the Judson.

That being said, the new Prochems are much easier to service than the old ones where. My new Legend XL is really very simple.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
having done most of the work on my old Red for 12 yrs its nice to fix things without the need of the shop. Since I'm down anyway I may as well get right to the repair or maintenance.

I really like the look of the Judson machines, SOOOOO simple!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
steve r said:
http://www.gofscs.com/html/truckmounts.html

just something else to look at.

It is an aircooled toy. If you want heat, your gonna need more than aircooled if your gonna do HX

steve r

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

breathe72

Hydramaster anyone????

Im enjoying my Boxxer 427 with just over 2000 hours on it.

Yesterday I changed:

Engine oil

Spark plugs

Blower oil

Pump oil

Air filter

Did a Descaling.

All for less than 95 dollars.

( i love how the owners manual / tecnical publication tells you to gently rub a slight coat of 'carnuba wax' over the machine each day, to maintain its appearance )

dallasdj

Check out the Dynachems, very simple and Bridgepoint will do the warranty/service work and installation.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner said:
having done most of the work on my old Red for 12 yrs its nice to fix things without the need of the shop. Since I'm down anyway I may as well get right to the repair or maintenance.

Is that a Perkins diesel unit Ron? I worked with one of those once and BOY! was it temperamental! You must be mechanically inclined. But when it ran well, it was a babe.

Kelly

Take it for what its worth...find out about the dealers who are selling you the machines you are interested in. Chances are it aint the machine thatll be kicking your butt....itll be your dealer

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Willy P said:
[quote="Ron Werner":1uzvogj2]having done most of the work on my old Red for 12 yrs its nice to fix things without the need of the shop. Since I'm down anyway I may as well get right to the repair or maintenance.

Is that a Perkins diesel unit Ron? I worked with one of those once and BOY! was it temperamental! You must be mechanically inclined. But when it ran well, it was a babe.[/quote:1uzvogj2]

I had some work on the Perkins about 7-8 yrs back, fuel injector leak, water pump, but since then the motor runs just fine. Give 'er a few cranks and off she goes. She'll run all day adn love it!
My biggest challenge is keeping her cool! The TM as a whole is more tempermental than the diesel itself. It has forced me to be more mechanically inclined :wink:
Plus, no one around here know how she works and I've replumbed it for the pressure side and vacuum. Its not the same unit I bought 12 yrs ago.

I was told a long time ago b4 I bought this unit that all TM's spray and suck. The more important factor is service. When something happens, and it will, you need to be able to get your unit up and running as fast as possible. Having common parts, easy access, simple design will make a huge difference when maintenance is needed.

Les was just telling me of a HM truck that had unique belts for its drive system. Neither he nor the auto parts store carried anything that would fit. that must have really sucked

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Did you buy it from a dude named Peter that ran a company called Pridemaster? I know he sold it to someone over on the island.

John Buxton

IMO, direct drive is the way to go. I've had Butlers and White Magics with zero major problems. Anyone can however get a lemon. But I think thats the exception, not the rule.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
feddback on truckmounts

I've had CDS machines. The machines usually work quite well without many problems. However, I've had many problems with the van's (Ford) engines. Every time you go to Ford, they say it is the CDS, everytime you go to Hydramaster, they say it's the Ford.

It's the perfect catch 22.

It does not get any better for the manufacturers - Each one can blame it on the other. Complete deniability guaranteed, no questions asked.

Next truck mount for me is a slide in. It may be harder to maintain but when it does not work at least I can kick someone's butt.

Name
Kevin McCreary
man, i must say at one time I had a blueline thermalwave got it brand new put 4000 hours on it and it never had a wrench on it, except to change the oil and maintenance. I sold it to a guy that put 2700 additional hours on it and he has only had to replace a toggle switch, fuel pump,cat pump seals and chemical pump check valve along with a tune up for less than $400. The machine was more reliable than I was. It had plenty of heat and vacuum for a single wand and wasn't too loud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom