Female applicant no showed..

Mikey P

Administrator
Frustrated.

I was very excited about the possibilities of using the feminine persuasion to advance our position in our market

How do I write a new help wanted ad to atract another female candidate?

FredC

Village Idiot
on topic

It may be more about where you list it. Maybe look at the different FB groups in Scruz.

I'm not sure how much I would "tailor" the ad. You might lose the reality of it being hard work attempting to do so although your last ad didn't seem to focus on that much.

Maybe just a line that indicates you are open to females/don't have a gender preference (in a legal manner)

Was your last ad the one you put here or did you change it prior to publishing?

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Same

Two women applied this round
You mean the one that says you're looking for a young man?

maybe leave that part out đź’ˇ

other than that there are a gazillion articles on the best/worst words to use although they generally focus on the stem fields

Hi [FIRST_NAME]

As a valued customer of Connoisseur we thought we would reach out to you and the rest of our loyal client base to see if you may know of a young man looking for a full time job. You've seen what our employees do for a living and how they behave in your home, we're hoping you have a person that would fit the bill in mind...

We've used Craigslist in the past but due to the current job market and it's challenges, we are hoping for a strong referral from a friend or family member..

Our ideal employee would be between 18 and 25 years old, be a real personable people pleaser with an eye for details, has a strong back that's able to lift up to 75 pounds on occasion, has an excellent driving record and can pass drug and criminal background checks. Clean cut is a must as is reliable transportation to work. We work for extremely high end clients at times so maturity and trustworthiness is also a must.
  • 5 days a week, Saturdays are an option
  • $15 an hour starting pay + overtime
  • Vacation pay
  • Seasonal hours ranging between 20 to 50 per week
  • Income increases as responsibility grows
  • 8 AM starting time, average day ends at 5PM but we sometimes work late

Feel free to give me a call to discuss your possible candidate or reply to this email.

Thank you for your time!!

Mike Pailliotet @ 775 552 5429

Last edited:

Ron K

Gal/Guy Friday needed.
Part time is big to some Moms that want to work but need that flexibility in schedule.
Our "Mom" works 9:01 to 4:30.
Be flexible the "mom workforce can be a great resource if marketed properly.
Maybe more than one would cove your FT position.

Mikey P

Administrator
You mean the one that says you're looking for a young man?

maybe leave that part out đź’ˇ

other than that there are a gazillion articles on the best/worst words to use although they generally focus on the stem fields

Oh.. That "ad" was a letter to our client base..sorry

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
With various sex discrimination laws and so forth can you actually specify you want a lady?

Or can you even say preference will be given to a lady?

I don't think you can in Australia.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Maybe, just maybe, he should consider removing the picture he always attaches to his ads:

F

FB7777

Frustrated.

I was very excited about the possibilities of using the feminine persuasion to advance our position in our market

How do I write a new help wanted ad to atract another female candidate?

I'd suggest starting at a higher starting hourly rate like $18-20

Is the ideal candidate worth $25 a day more to you?

Hopefully You'll attract more applicants , possibly female

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Mike, have you considered approaching local pastors to see if anyone needs work?
I’ve had very good luck that way. Mostly males, but a few females. Emphasize that you are concerned with good character and a strong work ethic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom