filling / emptying the portable

sarrik

I've been using a tm for the past 4 years, and have just purchased my first portable. Any suggestions for the best way to fill / empty the porty? A 5 gallon bucket doesn't strike me as the most professional looking method, but...

Bob Foster

Have both a house sized mop bucket and a 5 gal pail. Filling a 5 gallon pail in a tub is a lot easier than filling a smaller mop bucket. But if you run across a situation where there is no tub you need the smaller bucket for filling.

Jim Eckman suggested a feed bucket is the best non-drip kind.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I don't have a portable but my humidifier came with a plastic hose with a rubber fitting that slips over any faucet. Seems like that would be the best way to fill a porty.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Go to Home Depot and buy a quick connect for a dishwasher. Put a 5-6 foot piece of hose on the female section with a hose clamp on it. Simple, effective and shouldn't break the bank. Just be sure to keep an eye on it so you don't flood the place.
Unless you buy an auto dump, be prepared to bucket brigade the waste water, but the custy is always impressed with what you pull out. What kind of porty did you buy?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you can also use the rubber hose that has a cup adaptor on one end.
Can make a adaptor connector that screws on to fit sink taps

The buckets work nice because you don't have to worry about over filling. They also double to carry product.

Lefty724

Name
E
I just went down to Home Depot and bought a bunch of different sink adapters. I have about 7 of them and can adapt to just about anything.

For dumping, just set the porty up by the toilet or drain and dump as you go.

sarrik

Willy P said:
Go to Home Depot and buy a quick connect for a dishwasher. Put a 5-6 foot piece of hose on the female section with a hose clamp on it. Simple, effective and shouldn't break the bank. Just be sure to keep an eye on it so you don't flood the place.
Unless you buy an auto dump, be prepared to bucket brigade the waste water, but the custy is always impressed with what you pull out. What kind of porty did you buy?

http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/produ ... cx-hr.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom