Filthy carpet?

steamron

Name
Ron
I went to look at a carpet in an office of a recycling business,
This carpet has not been done in probably "never" They went to Lowes and rented a machine but gave up.

It is not totally trashed, but you can see that it is very dirty with a touch of oily grease to it.

I was thinking of hot Flex with Citrus and Boost All. (I have a Prochem Apex that gets very hot)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I went to look at a carpet in an office of a recycling business,
This carpet has not been done in probably "never" They went to Lowes and rented a machine but gave up.

It is not totally trashed, but you can see that it is very dirty with a touch of oily grease to it.

I was thinking of hot Flex with Citrus and Boost All. (I have a Prochem Apex that gets very hot)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you can do any successful prevac and get out as much of the fine soils possible....this will help...but sometimes, grease filled carpets are difficult to prevac and remove anything...but would still try if you can....will get better results....and if getting any soils...take your time....this will help a lot.

Then Agitation with Driver and red pad....and might be fighting it and going over it more than once with prespray....red pad agitate....extract....

and Repeat above....

Of course Delamine spotters for other grease type spots....

Depending on the carpet, also if you have a rotary extractor....that could be a help too....

Big challenge it sounds like, but would love to see pics before, during and after....

And best wishes on this...

These challenges can be rewarding....and disappointing....

just give it your best....under promise to them....and hopefully oversell in performance. :)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You might find, that carpets that were never cleaned professionally -even if they are several years old- clean up very well. I always like to hear that when customers telling me: we will be the first ones to clean it!

I believe the factory protector that was applied properly (unlike some of you yeehaaws that spray 2 qt of scothcgard for an entire house) really does make a difference, how it will clean up.

I personally love very dirty carpets.

Mikey P

Administrator
Great advice so far.

Do you have a 175?

It would be a great idea as Mark said you scrub your Flex in. Post bonneting or encapping to help with streaks or splotchyness may be needed too

What about a Rotary Extractor?

High flow wand?

Zipper?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
flex and a zipper..........

one of my fire stations I do was just like you described....the only time this one was cleaned was by them with a rug Dr.....

got the 570 burning hot....flexed it and used the zipper to clean with....

turned out fine..........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a really heavily soiled restaurant we cleaned several months back where application of Flex through an injection sprayer was just not enough product to break up the grease. We shower fed the Flex through a Cimex and the extra solution and agitation provided that extra muscle needed to loosen it up so it could easily be steamed out.

As Mike mentioned a 175 would also work for the agitation.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'll echo the need for rotary scrub agitation .
if it's as trashed as you say, don't hesitate to use an aggressive red VCT pad under the 175 rotary

nuke it with strong mixed firewater (Flex is great) roto scrub, flush/rinse extract.
if you have poor wand technique,(most do) post bonnet

Don't have a 175 roto?....get one

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
cognative dissonance, they don't own one therefore they rationalize it can't be that great to have. Its a way of coping.
I do it all the time with Lockhart's Vett.
:winky:

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
Kinda like the guys who Diss a Rotary extractor, Lee?
Touche' Rick...lol

I've dissed dragging heavy ones up stairs, and for employees being "a bull in a China shop"....blah blah blah. The excuses of my old age.

However RE tools are pretty awesome. Not the first tool for every job, in MHO.

Here's my reasoning. The RX20 came out 35 years ago, and I really expected the 21st Century would have brought on an upgrade to knock my socks off and dethrone it.

We'll see.

Reactions: rick imby

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom