Final Rinse

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I never use acid rinses unless I am trying to correct a problem.
Hmm, I've always been under the impression that it's kinda standard anytime you do a really nasty one and have to use a really heavy duty high ph prespray. That it prevents re-soiling, brown out, and leaves the carpet nice and soft. Also enjoy the smell of most of them I've tried. They're pretty cheap so I've always used one.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hmm, I've always been under the impression that it's kinda standard anytime you do a really nasty one and have to use a really heavy duty high ph prespray. That it prevents re-soiling, brown out, and leaves the carpet nice and soft. Also enjoy the smell of most of them I've tried. They're pretty cheap so I've always used one.
They do nothing to prevent resoiling. If you dry the carpet down it won't brown out. Your high pH prespray is neutralized by the acidic nature of the soil you are removing. I use a moderate ph alkaline rinse like Procyon. Gives more cleaning power and removes more prespray and soil, leaving the carpet cleaner in my opinion. I have tested the pH of the carpet after cleaning with a pH indicator pen and it is always close to neutral. I use acid rinses to help correct browning from water damage or remove final traces of urine in carpets.

Mikey P

Administrator
No real evidence to show any rinse agents work
Or don’t work
Spend your money with whoever you like

Plenty of Truth to that, most families will spread their smooge over the carpet long before and miracle crystalizing acid could take effect.

But SOMETHING in the rinse seems better than just soft water.

A detergent on a restaurant carpet is about the only place you'll notice real time result of using a rinse

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There is testing and evidence to show rinses work well. Some choose not to believe the evidence. The different may not be apparent to the eyes right after cleaning, but there are differences and benefits.

I like Flex Ice in many, but not all circumstances.

Reactions: Deke Hatley

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Here is a different take on it:

Acid rinses are not as important on "the polys" as they were on nylon and wool.

But, leaving that aside, if you clean upholstery with your truck mount, they might be helpful in preventing browning on natural white fiber fabrics, they might limit dye bleeding, and are likely to leave velvet and chenille fabrics softer than when an alkaline cleaner is used.

I qualify "might", as browning prevention, dye stabilization, and the final feel of textured fabrics is also influenced by technique, tool choice, and drying factors as well as the presence of an acid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom