Finally Blew up on ServiceMagic

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have been jerking around with them a little over 2 years. I was trying a number of marketing things back then and Ron L was having good success so I gave it try. I was closing about 1 out of 3 or 4 in the beginning.

It got progessively worse over the first year to like 1 out of 7 or 8. Lots of bogus leads, getting them late, bad phone numbers, exact matches that were not, and the list goes on. The frustration level would cause me to go off. They very rarely cared about all the listed above and said sorry but no credit. Take the bad with good.

A little over a year ago, I turned them off. I didn't cancel because google was picking up my 20 or so 5 star ratings and showed them in my profile and I was getting jobs from the reviews that would call me directly. I tried exact matches for a few months - no better. I tried doing only carpet repairs and try to upsell to cleaning. Most people thought they could get someone to repair their carpet for $20-40.

I have been putting them on hold every 2 weeks ( I don't know why, but didn't want to cancel just yet). This week they turned me on with no warning, sent me a lead for a sofa cleaning. I called said should be turned off, credit it back and turn me off. They said no. (At a job, had to walk outside), said cancel my account now. They said, someone would have to call me to discuss.

I sent an email to cancel all accounts, take me out of their system. They sent back that I will have to discuss with someone. Went off again to no avail. I have sent 3 subsequent emails stating no talk, here is my written request and they refuse to cancel my account.

Our pricing structure and company makeup never worked with them. This was a major loser for us since we started. They are impossible to deal with on the phone. Their leads absolutely sucked! Since google changed they no longer use those reviews, I finally canceled them and feel so much better.

bottom line, If something ain't working - get rid of it and do something else. The sooner the better!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya Bryan. Your only saving grace is maybe you got a lot of work from the Google part.
My reviews from Service Magic are still around and I canceled them over a year ago.

I don't like their way of doing it...makes it too cut throat...and that cuts all of our throats.

They were one of the reasons I started Network Home Services.

Name
Brad Gouveia
The same thing happened to me. I put them on hold every 2weeks to keep my reviews and help with ranking. Then last week got a lead for a couch when I thought that it was on hold. I just sucked up and put everything on hold again.

green guy

70% closing ratio. Landed my first big hotel from them and now have the rest of that particular brand they pay .18 a sq ft. still ser mag not as much. I love to sell so it is a good fit for me. Typically guys who dont like the game hace a week maketing message and llose to the better salesman. Just curious how do you guys approach these calls? At a consistant 70% maybe I can help.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
green guy said:
70% closing ratio. Landed my first big hotel from them and now have the rest of that particular brand they pay .18 a sq ft. still ser mag not as much. I love to sell so it is a good fit for me. Typically guys who dont like the game hace a week maketing message and llose to the better salesman. Just curious how do you guys approach these calls? At a consistant 70% maybe I can help.

The message these customers (with the exception of very few) wanted was "how much". Compare three prices and go. I tried all the SFS stuff, no pricing over the phone and only in house, room pricing, sq ft, etc. The problem was that I was changing the way I did things successfully already to try and meet these peoples' demands when really they were not my customers. I have even had other cleaners who are more successful than me field my calls to attempt to close them with no luck. I am not going to fight over a $100 customer only for them to do the same thing next year.

I am probably the highest price (up front, honest from the beginning) cleaner in my area. Most other companies are doing the typical whole house for $89 and then by the time they get done they are same or higher than me. I won't do business like that. I will find something else to do before I operate like that to just land business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The problem wasn't the "getting" of the lead...it was the "giving" of the lead.

I was finding that my email, text, call etc would come in...I would be calling them within seconds...and they would have already booked with another company from Service Magic. Yes, I always asked...Especially when I started to suspect. Customers give up a ton of info if you just ask.

Common sense told me that other companies were getting the lead around 20 to 30 minutes before I was....that's not cool. It's also unethical and they will be getting sued by someone if they haven't been already.

Most guys on board are small potatoes and just jump ship...some greedy F will get a lawsuit going against them, I am sure of it.

Edit: The sad thing is, I still think about using them again for smaller areas. I did make some money but I broke even with my business structure. An O/O will do fine as long as the leads come in on time (that's a song).

But my mama always said... "How you do anything is how you do everything"
So I think I will pass...unless maybe I feel like getting some material for a good lawsuit. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just noticed that there is a job on Wed from a Service Magic customer from about 2 years ago.
$300.00 job so I guess I'm up a little. lol.

If they would just fix the sending issue, it wouldn't be a bad deal.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
3 different TYPE of companies.
One gives leads, one tracks them and the other answers and schedules them...but it should be Full Circle...not the other one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom