Finding WTR work

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have added this service this year with poor results. I have done about three jobs this year. All from PM companies. I have spent some time calling on Ins companies with no avail. I can't even get a job from my own Ins company, which holds both personal and business. It ain't cheap either. Should I bring that up on my next visit? I just can't catch any traction. I don't need to miss another winter without having some Ins work calling us. What am I missing in this equation?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're calling on the wrong people. Insurance companies only use vendors.

Start with your data base, they all should know you are the one to call should an emergency arise. Look at any company that might deal with a water emergency and call on them.

County, city, state I'd try to contact their risk managers. Nursing homes, churches, school districts, plumbers, facilities managers and see if you can be added to their list.

You're going to want them to remember you, a card, a magnet, a brochure all should be dropped off. Just like building up your carpet business it takes work, but if you put in the time it should pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dgardner
Name
Marcus
When I first started carpet cleaning I did water damage until I got my accounts going.
Back then the adds in the yellow pages would work....now maybe get a good web site....
I had the same problem with my agents, I knew 2 of them for years and even went to church
With both of them. But I did get a few small jobs.
What I did was answer calls before they could call there agent and
Tell thecustomer you will be at their house in 30 minutes,. Start extracting and quote th
Once you start extracting the job is usually yours

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd avoid the insurance industry as far as seeking work from them. Things have changed over the years, insurance representatives are no longer able to dispense work in the manor they had in the past. There are many sources for work, just takes a little work to research who deals with water emergencies regularly.

Name
Marcus
I have added this service this year with poor results. I have done about three jobs this year. All from PM companies. I have spent some time calling on Ins companies with no avail. I can't even get a job from my own Ins company, which holds both personal and business. It ain't cheap either. Should I bring that up on my next visit? I just can't catch any traction. I don't need to miss another winter without having some Ins work calling us. What am I missing in this equation?
Are you cleaning carpets and just adding water damage??
It is difficult to do only water damage...feast or famine.....
Cap

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Are you cleaning carpets and just adding water damage??
It is difficult to do only water damage...feast or famine.....
Cap
Our primary services are carpet cleaning and move out make ready house cleaning. This is an additional service we added to generate more diversity. I would like to see this department to produce 10-20% of our annual production.

Name
Marcus
What I did 10 years ago when I did water damage was advertise a s a separate company.
Such as. Abc water restoration.......
I was able to put it under my carpet cleaning business for taxes no problem.
Went out with the same carpet cleaning van, handed them my card with
My restoration company name on it and invoice had the new name......
I believe I did get new shirts with the new name just to look legit.
This will help you look more professional to people and insurance co. And distinguish you
From a carpet cleaner.
I bumped my restoration up to about 40% in1-2 years and ran it until I got burned out
On callots 5 years later,, by that time carpet cleaning had kicked in.
Used yellow pages only, now a. Good website will work with a good website hit professional.
Also gotta tell the owner on the phone your the guy and you'll be there in 20-30 minutes.
Don't discuss price on the phone just go....it's like a fish on the line that will jump off if you don't get out there.

Reactions: Bucey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom