Finished installing our newest unit today

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Let me know what you think

Do you guys think there is a market for custom shelves (wall, floor, and door) made to order. I fab metal too and am currently prototyping "organizational" items for TM set-ups (for our own use) but if there is a demand for better fitting shelves, tool holders, etc on a van per van case - I may build them in larger qty and peddle them.

13.jpg

Side shot with console tank

14.jpg

drivers side wall above the machine which has been wasted space in our other trucks, now used for our tile gear

3.jpg

Full shot of the rear with custom upper and lower door panels and shelves

17.jpg

19.jpg

Closer shots of the left

2.jpg

18.jpg

Closer shots of the right

5.jpg

Shot of a custom reel stand, lets us get the reel all the way to the left, and provides storage underneath for a power stretcher

4.jpg

Closeup of the fuel tank, overtons inboard w/ return line

6.jpg

Chem rack w hydroforce wand and stair tool holder built in, above it is home for the P/C Ti wand

8.jpg

Closeup of stair wand mount

15.jpg

7.jpg

Closeup of spotter mounting with on board water softener behind it

Steamer stays up front along with our repair toolbag and dye kits - and we still got a LGR 2400 and 14 air movers in it with ease. Going to get a hitch and then a hitch caddy put on this week that will hold 2 dehu's, so we can fit about 20 airmovers and a hydro-x in it.

CleanEvo

Very nice!

Is it legal to have a fuel tank set up ike that? When it comes time for another van, I'd like to get a diesel Sprinter with a slide in, but someone mentioned that you can't mount a second fuel tank inside?

Walt

Looks great.

You should consider putting a drawer under the hose reel.

G

Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!

I like to see guys hooking up their truck like that.

I hate to see all the equipment with no carpet on the floor, it looks so crappy.

Gary T

Awesome job on everything 'cept the fuel tank. Not sure how it can be done, but inside the truck is not only dangerous, but most likely illegal.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
To reply to all in one shot:

Thanks for the kudos

The current shelves are all treated mdf - but I want to lighten them up, so I am fabbing stainless shelves to place on those panels to lose about 20lbs on each door, not that they are stressed, but I don't want them to dent the sides of the van when we open and close them 300 time a month.

I run pc blazers for apt cleanings, and pc everests for residential, first peak I have owned, I'll post its performance late next week once I get 15-20 hrs on different applications.

I have been running these tanks for years, I have been stopped by excise and had my vehicles gone over with magnifying glasses, msds requested, etc - never any crossed eyes at the tank. I have asked the local police several times when they have come on site to do vin checks on out of state vehicle buys - so for now I am running with them. I was told it is not illegal to get gas for your lawn mower and have it inside the vehicle on your way home as long as it is in an approved container (which this is), and this really isn't any different.

Smoking in my vans is not allowed, they are earth grounded to avoid fill sparks, and they are vented outside.

They are all temporary though, I have one more sprinter to outfit this way, then we are moving to veggie oil run vans one by one, its a 4-5K investment per van, but I save 7k the first year, 24-26k each year after that on go juice. The underside diesel tanks are going to house the gas for the TM, and we are installing veggie oil tanks above the FW tanks to run the sprinters. All costs to get and filter the oil and "on deck it" for use (including a part time employee to handle that task), will get my van fuel costs to about $.25 per gallon of go juice.

thats a really nice set up. Congrats. There are people that do make custom shelving in our industry. If you could manufactuer them for a good price I think that you definitly could sell some.
Overall I think that your truck looks really easy for your techs when they are working....I am really impressed with your setup. Good JOB! 8)

Spurling

Moeller 19 Gal. Below Deck Fuel Tank, #032719

Specially designed for below deck applications, Moeller tanks are manufactured from rotationally molded, cross-linked polyethylene plastic and feature corrosion/pit resistance and exclusive Moeller Tite pioneering. Each tank is equipped with an electrical sending unit that is compatible with industry standard dash mounted gauges, Hose Tite, machined aluminum fill spouts, withdraw, and vent fittings molded directly into shell. All below deck Moeller tanks are ideal for gasoline or diesel.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Machined aluminum 3/8" withdraw fitting has 360° rotational capability for hook-up convenience
Convenient hold down grooves molded directly into tank shell
Conforms to all ABYC, NMMA and US Coast Guard regulations
Add 2-1/8" to tank height dimension to accommodate fill height
One year warranty
Moeller part #032719

Tank Dimensions: 47.00" L x 10.25" W x 10.19" H
Tank Capacity: 19 gallons / 72 liters

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Anthony;

These are the agencies that regulate fuel systems:

"For Vehicles Less Than 10,000 GVW
All fuel systems must meet FMVSS 301 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards), VESC-22 (Vehicle Equipment Safety Commission), NFPA 1192, ANSI 119.2, RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) regulations, CARB (California Air Resources Board), and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) regulations.

FMVSS 301 states that anyone who alters a vehicle must meet or exceed the structural integrity and performance of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) fuel system. A fuel system includes anything associated with fuel systems such as the fillneck, tank, gasoline lines, fuel pump, emission canister and fasteners. In other words, if an alterer adds an auxiliary system to a vehicle thereby reducing the performance of the fuel system, he or she has violated FMVSS 301 standards. An example of performance reduction could be if fuel from the original system leaked because the auxiliary system was gravity feeding into the original tank. This creates a real concern as it not only violates FMVSS 301 regulations, but is also a hazardous waste problem."

Your system appears to be of good construction.

I think that the nylon straps holding the tank would have to be of metal, for approval.

Larry

Ron K

Very nice, as far as the fuel tank I had a Steamway mastermatic and they installed tanks right to the floor they were marine grade and were on a little black shelf, never had a problem one for Gas the other for Kerosene.

Whats the wheelbase???

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
So all would need to do is use metal straps to meet federal guidelines?

The van is the 140" wheelbase, tall boy - they make one smaller, 118, and two bigger, 170, and 170 extended.

The 170 extended is huge inside, I could get this setup in it, plus 4 dehus and probably 50-55 airmovers - in a somewhat organized manner.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Indy,

Mytee has the same Sprinter as you. Love it. Very maneuverable and good on fuel. Your layout looks practical and easy to get to everything. The shelves on the doors is not only a great idea, they have a high quality look, too. I especially like the Mytee Spinner and Spotter. Thanks.

John

drypros

great set up, looking to do something similar. How much did that whole thing cost and I'd be interested in your custom work

Jerry McMahon

Very nice. But that wand uptop and behind the drivers seat scares me. You might have it nice and secure up there but what if your techs are tired from a long day and dont secure it properly.....could be a dissaster with just a minor crash.

O

Oz the Rookie

Stair wand rack lol I haven't seen one of those since it fell out the v on the freeway my 1st week... do like the reel stand!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Larry,

I'm certainly no expert on the subject but fumes escaping in the van would not meet oem requirements also the fill is inside of the van meaning any spills would also end up inside. The sparks from the starter would be enough to set it off.

I would be more worried about a rear end accident then being bothered by any DOT. Tanks have to meet certain requirements in an accident which is why the propane tanks are so expensive, they are DOT approved.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom