Finished Rebuild On the Powr Flite

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Replaced the Chinese vacs with new 5.7 's and related modifications to make them fit the heat coils, hooked up a 3rd cord pigtail for the heater so it can avoid blowing breakers, pulled the pumptec and stuck in a Cat pump, installed a fan to cool off the pump motor. I'm trying to figure out a way to run the vacs in parallel instead of series. Any ideas? I'll post pics tomorrow.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hang in there Willy.

I had a brilliant idea............... but then I realized that with my mechanical talents and know how, instead of following my advise, you'd be better off and a lot cheaper buying a new machine.

So, there. Just saved you a bundle.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Assuming the unit has only one "stack" into the tank, BOTH motors will have to be mounted to ONE common manifold which will marry the separate airflow of both motors into an individual channel, and up into the waste tank.

Larry offers an exact such kit.....

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...d=5172&zenid=37efebe1ec59b8f99fe6055fe4389827

DualLM2.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If you wanted, your could make it so you could use the motors in series or parallel, whichever way you needed.
Mount the vacs directly to the underside of the recovery tank and run pipes up for air intake. Make a connection between the two to one intake. Now you have them either running in parallel, OR take the connector off and you have them in series.

Back
Top Bottom